[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

How to exit Manage Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I do not own any expansion packs, so I only have access to the worlds that come with the game. I updated the game today because Orgin would not let me play until I updated. After it had installed and opened, it took me to the Manage Worlds screen where there were only expansion pack worlds available. How can I get back into my default worlds to continue playing? I attached a photo of what the screen looks like for me.

Message 841 of 1,476 (818 Views)

Re: How to exit Manage Worlds

@kellican  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 842 of 1,476 (759 Views)

Sims and Items Disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Begin to play in any household or create a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of my floors and my pool textures show up as question marks. Some items have completely disappeared, such as computers and plants (besides plants that came with the Realm of Magic). None of my sims are visible - all that is visible is the plumbob, and my cats and dogs are not visible at all. I cannot click on my sims but I can make them cook or sleep yet all that you see is the plumbob moving. Also, when creating a new household, no sims are visible and are unable to be edited.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be visible and for all items and floors in the game to appear normally. This is a huge glitch that I'm experiencing that makes the game unable to play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All sims are invisible in live mode and CAS, many items are invisible, floor glitches

Message 843 of 1,476 (979 Views)

Re: Sims and Items Disappearing

Hero
@Choosen229834783 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 844 of 1,476 (935 Views)

Sims invisible

★★★ Newbie

first time opening sims app in a couple months now all sims are invisible even in create a sim!

Message 845 of 1,476 (835 Views)

Re: Sims invisible

@cammyqueen  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 846 of 1,476 (792 Views)

GRAPHIC ISSUES AFTER INSTALLING GET FAMOUS

★★★★★ Newbie

I installed Get Famous this morning, and when I launched the game, Evergreen Harbour just disappeared. It is not there. And in CAS, mostly all of the expansion traits disappeared, leaving me only with the base game ones.

And both in CAS and while playing, there are some sims glitched out. Their skin (not CC) was replaced with a strange white and red checkered pattern, and their bodies were transparent.

Can anyone help me?

I've tried removing the CC and loading a new game but the glitch is still there.

Message 847 of 1,476 (912 Views)

Re: GRAPHIC ISSUES AFTER INSTALLING GET FAMOUS

@marinajpngs

Merged your post, please see the opening post on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 848 of 1,476 (825 Views)

Re: Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict repairing my game did nothing
Message 849 of 1,476 (798 Views)

Re: Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

Hero
@burgundy_bear Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 850 of 1,476 (969 Views)