by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

My Sims becomes CLOWN after update today

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest version as just updated today from ORIGIN
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except ECO and Starwars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It appears after update today
What happens when the bug occurs? All the face of my sims turn to clown. red and white patches and some with '?' on the fore head.
What do you expect to see? All the faces and clothes return back to normal conditions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch is automatically updated by ORIGIN.

All the faces of my sims looks weird. Looks like clowns with red and white patches on their face and some on their clothes. This happened after updated by ORIGIN. All characters in my neighbourhood looks weird. Tried reduce the graphic settings and restart the game and its still the same.

Message 841 of 935 (94 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My Sims becomes CLOWN after update today

Hero
@sgvelox79 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 842 of 935 (85 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Lost worlds when I updated Sims 4

★★ Expert

@alexfweeks Are you playing on PC? If so, try repairing your game through Origin.

While logged in on your Origin account:

- Click on My Game Library

- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile

- Select Repair from the popup menu

After the repair scan has completed, restart your game & see if the worlds are back and your 10-year old can be happy again :D

Message 843 of 935 (202 Views)
Highlighted

Re: i can't play my base game content

Champion

@bethinka 

Open Origin and rightclick the game. Select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 844 of 935 (186 Views)
Highlighted

Sims not displaying skin tone

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? sims are not displaying skin tone. they appear in red and white with black question marks.
What do you expect to see? skin tone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch - 09/03/2020

Loaded up my game and my sims looked like what you see in the screenshot. No mods/cc, just the patch

Message 845 of 935 (193 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims not displaying skin tone

★★★★★ Pro
@naturedance--can you try repairing your game through Origin?
Message 846 of 935 (186 Views)
Highlighted

Every sim in the game face and body is completely unrecognizable.

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but Star Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once the neighborhood is loaded you can click on any household and see the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the neighborhood is loaded; I'll click on any household and see the problem with the sims.
What do you expect to see? Every sim in the game face and body is completely white and red with black question mark on the forehead. All the hair, skin complexions, eye color, is basically unrecognizable.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started right after that September 3, 2020 update.

This started right after that September 3, 2020 update. Every sim in the game face and body is completely white and red with black question mark on the forehead. All the hair, skin complexions, eye color, is basically unrecognizable. I've also have repaired and reupdated game in Origin and no changes. Please help

Message 847 of 935 (145 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Every sim in the game face and body is completely unrecognizable.

Hero
@queenmakeda1 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 848 of 935 (114 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Every sim in the game face and body is completely unrecognizable.

★★ Novice

@crinrict I've tried that already. My game had a lot of bugs already from previous updates, so I guess this one just finished me off lol. But thank you for the advice.

Message 849 of 935 (88 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims not displaying skin tone

★★ Novice
@naturedance The same thing with my sims! I repaired my game and no changes. I hope someone can help us smh lmao
Message 850 of 935 (87 Views)
Twitter Stream