[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

To me it says the game cannot be started because game data is missing or damaged. I deleted it and downloaded the game and the three extensions again and it didn't fix the problem. I think the problem might be caused by the loss of the internet connection there was while downloading the modes for the first time. Now, however, the connection should have been okay during the second downloading but it still doesn't work. 

I'd be very grateful for help!

Message 1411 of 1,476 (1,499 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

@emmaammet  Do you have a Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts?  If so, please move it to the desktop and try again to play.

If that doesn't help, restart your computer, clear the cache for whichever app you use:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game.  Open your game library, right-click the Sims 4 icon (Origin) or hover over the Sims 4 icon and click the three dots (EA App), and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1412 of 1,476 (1,487 Views)

game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, bowling night stuff, dine out, get together, movie hang out,decorators dream bundle, everyday sims bundle, pets lovers bundle, get to work, outdoor retreat, luxury party stuff, digital delux upgrade, holiday celebration pack, legacy edition.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? on my game it shows up as soon i load up
What happens when the bug occurs? sims glitch, move into straneg positions, some dont show up, colours red and white with black question marks
What do you expect to see? colours return to normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

any help? not using any mod as far as i'm aware s no idea why its doing this?

Message 1413 of 1,476 (1,324 Views)

Re: game

Hero
@debbiedundas17 I merged your post with the main thread for this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin/EA App and other suggestions listed on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1414 of 1,476 (1,311 Views)

Re: My sim looks like it has broken cc on, but I don't have any cc in my game at

★★★ Newbie

Hey! have u fixed your issue I had some bugs so I repaired my game and did everything I could and that did fix all the bugs except my packs still looks like broken cc but it's only with seasons and city living.

Message 1415 of 1,476 (1,269 Views)

Re: My sim looks like it has broken cc on, but I don't have any cc in my game at

@9pwb4k0jwhly  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for troubleshooting suggestions.

Message 1416 of 1,476 (1,260 Views)

Weird sims 4 red and white glitch

★★★ Novice

Ok so this type of glitch has been happening to my game before the whole big infant patch update came. It appears ok townie sims, bb items and clothes designs by any type of pack. Now there used to be a really bad version of this glitch but with question marks plastered everywhere on the worlds and walls. Anywhere. But I just repaired origin and repaired the game. Just need help on this. Thank youuu2B24F704-6CC8-4E2A-A458-1B8E8C88C19F.jpeg

Message 1417 of 1,476 (1,144 Views)

Re: Weird sims 4 red and white glitch

@wannnabefairy  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  You can repair through the EA App too: open your game library, hover over the Sims 4 icon, click the three dots, and select Repair.  It may help to clear the App's cache beforehand:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If this doesn't fix the issue, please try the other suggestions in the first post on page one of this thread.

Message 1418 of 1,476 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I repair ea app . I don’t really use ea app anyways. I’ve removed all my mods and cc but the glitch still shows. It sees to be texture missing on specific items (row Ie sims, clothe items in CAS made by the developers and BB items) 

Message 1419 of 1,476 (1,076 Views)

@wannnabefairy 

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

You can repair through the EA App too: open your game library, hover over the Sims 4 icon, click the three dots, and select Repair.  It may help to clear the App's cache beforehand:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 1420 of 1,476 (1,060 Views)