[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Question marks and colourful patterned sims

★★★ Newbie

Can I just ask what does it mean CC. I am not from english speaking country and have no idea what it is.

Message 1401 of 1,472 (1,005 Views)

Hero
@5AniK55 CC is custom content. Content not by EA but by players.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1402 of 1,472 (1,002 Views)

Broken Textures? Question marks on photos

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP up to High school, All GP up to Werewolves & all stuff packs up to Paranormal, Kits - Throwback fit, Country Kitchen, Courtyard Oasis, Industrial Loft, Little Campers, Moonlight Chic, Fashion Street, & Incheon Arrivals installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Photos show up with question mark / turn invisible once game loaded
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims photos and family portraits are showing this image (attached) . Started in one household, now happening in most. I've repaired the game and performed clean install but not resolved. Also photos in sims inventory and moshino frames are the same. If I try to remove from the frame or inventory, the photos turn invisible and do not place.
What do you expect to see? Photos and family portraits
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help.... My Sims photos and family portraits are showing this image (attached) . Started in one household, now happening in most. I've repaired the game and performed clean install but not resolved. Also photos in sims inventory and moshino frames are the same. If I try to remove from the frame or inventory, the photos turn invisible and do not place. Any ideas?

Help.... My Sims photos and family portraits are showing this image (attached) . Started in one household, now happening in most. I've repaired the game and performed clean install but not resolved. Also photos in sims inventory and moshino frames are the same. If I try to remove from the frame or inventory, the photos turn invisible and do not place. Any ideas?

Message 1403 of 1,472 (998 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Broken-Textures-Question-marks-on-photos/m-p/12059977/...

Message 1404 of 1,472 (989 Views)

Game broken after update

★★★ Newbie

After the game updated I cannot edit my sims, they appear with red skin with question marks-even without cc on, and the trees in game along with the floors all have question marks on them. I can't double click on the game in origin to repair, and I restarted my laptop. PLEASE HELPPPP

Message 1405 of 1,472 (929 Views)

Re: Game broken after update

@kpwk  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

Keep in mind that you can't repair the game while it's running.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1406 of 1,472 (913 Views)

The Sims 4 Discover University Installed Add-On not Working

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows 10 PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? Version 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except High School Years (although I just bought it right now and am installing it,) Parenthood, and Vampires. I do own Desert Luxe Kit, Fist fits Kit, Blooming Rooms Kit, Luncheon Arrivals Kit, Country Kitchen, Bust the Dust, Throwback Fit, and Carnaval Streetwear Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, I looked all over the net and it only talks about Origin right now when the supporting server is the EA app. Also it does say manage your add-ons in the app but there's no way to do so when you go to that page. I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall at this point.
What happens when the bug occurs? Discover University says it is installed, and ready to play but in the game all the items appear where they say they should but are either have a red X over the item or in the game and don't show up or work, and make the sims red and white until the item is replaced with something not in that pack. 

What do you expect to see? The items working like they should for Discover University since it says it is installed.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, none.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes! I recently moved to a new Hard Drive and had to move everything over, as well as reinstall the game and all my owned add-ons. Everything works except Discover University. I don't know why. Also we made the big move from Origin to EA during the same time this happened.

Message 1407 of 1,472 (925 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Discover University Installed Add-On not Working

@Joydove  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

If you want to delete and redownload the pack, its folder is EP08: Discover University was the eighth expansion released.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1408 of 1,472 (883 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello Everyone,

Since specific pack add-on installation not reflecting can be caused by many things, we'd like to gather more info,

Specifically:

If anyone of you are still encountering this issue without using mods and willing to share the below info?

- Would like to know your system specs (graphic card details included)
- Do you guys have any other programs running? 
- As per most of the reports most of you using Origin, EA App, Steam, etc but would like to know if other platforms like EA app and steam are giving the same issues or if is it specific to origin?
- Would you mind checking that you have enough hard drive space on your machine?

Thanks!

Message 1409 of 1,472 (870 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I deleted the EP08 file and reinstalled it. Only thing that worked after I did a number of things on the front page. Thanks!
Message 1410 of 1,472 (827 Views)