[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

sim harlequin appearance

★ Novice

why do my Sims appear as red/white harlequin figures when wearing certain items of clothing?

Message 1341 of 1,476 (1,339 Views)

Re: sim harlequin appearance

@reebeth  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1342 of 1,476 (1,295 Views)

Sims Red and White but no broken CC

★ Novice

After the latest Sims 4 update (May 2022) my sims are red and white in game but not in the dock where it shows all of the sims in your household. I’ve updated all of my CC, and gone into CAS and went through everything they’re wearing and none of it is broken. Im

not sure what to do now. 

Message 1343 of 1,476 (984 Views)

Re: Sims Red and White but no broken CC

Hero (Retired)

@addylouclambake Did you remove all the cc and then try the game?

Message 1344 of 1,476 (955 Views)

Re: Sims Red and White but no broken CC

@addylouclambake  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for troubleshooting suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1345 of 1,476 (938 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I recently got a new laptop and therefore downloaded Sims 4 onto it for the first time. I have all the packs except COL, MWS, and any Kit. I don't know if something went wrong when I was downloading Mods or something, but while I was creating some Sims one of the Outdoor Retreat hairs was super messed up, and that's when I realized that for some reason Outdoor Retreat never downloaded. I could only see the hair because I had recolors for the hair. Then, Origin wouldn't let me download it again!

I had to uninstall the ENTIRE game and reinstall it and everything worked, but it was super weird. It feels like an "incomplete installation" thing so I'm putting it here.
Message 1346 of 1,476 (559 Views)

Hero
@PepperDee101 Did a repair not work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1347 of 1,476 (545 Views)

Residential Worlds Disappeared

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get famous, Seasons, Discover University, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open a world, that I had already created or a new world, the residential worlds Newcrest, Oasis Springs, Willow Creek
What do you expect to see? To find my residential worlds and the sims that lived there again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You can see on the first screenshot, that I no longer have the option to go to the three basic residential worlds. 

On the second screenshot, you can also see, that my sims living in those worlds do no longer exist. 

Thank you for your help :D

Message 1348 of 1,476 (545 Views)

Re: Residential Worlds Disappeared

Hero
@madame64 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1349 of 1,476 (532 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nope! I tried reparing both Sims and Origin and it didn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling everything ended up working. (I had to leave it on overnight, though...I have all stuff up to paranormal)

Message 1350 of 1,476 (498 Views)