[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My game is ruined thanks ea

Champion (Retired)

@Blacflame2016 

Check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1301 of 1,472 (7,957 Views)

Aug. 2021 update - broke my game

★★★ Newbie

The August 2021 "small update" for Sims 4 has completely broken my game. My household is gone. Half of my cities are gone. I cannot start a new game (even after downloading & installing the expansion I've been wanting) When I try to start a new game with new sims they're all invisible. Help please.

Message 1302 of 1,472 (7,911 Views)

Re: Aug. 2021 update - broke my game

@beasleyj_97  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1303 of 1,472 (7,890 Views)

Re: Aug. 2021 update - broke my game

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you!! I tried this & it worked Standard smile
Message 1304 of 1,472 (7,886 Views)

Pack Items Not Showing in CAS or Game Play

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to select a piece of clothing that is in an expansion pack, but a red, black, and question mark shows on my sim.
What do you expect to see? The clothing or accessory should show on the sim, not an error (black and red plaid with question mark_
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pack items do not show in CAS or Game Play. CAS options show as red and black plaid with question mark. Build options show as red "X" covering them.

Message 1305 of 1,472 (7,774 Views)

Re: Pack Items Not Showing in CAS or Game Play

★★★★★ Guide
@Klcrae1996 : Try a Repair in Origin and see if that helps.
Message 1306 of 1,472 (7,760 Views)

Re: Suddenly, missing textures?

★★★ Newbie

i tried repairing my game several times, it fixed some missing textures but then everything pack related is bugged.

Message 1307 of 1,472 (7,476 Views)

Re: Suddenly, missing textures?

Hero
@omoega I moved your post over to the current thread for missing textures but you might have a different issue so to be sure, could you post a picture ?

Coud you try all the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1308 of 1,472 (7,466 Views)

Sims clitching

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A majority of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims lose their skins and have weird colors on them.
What do you expect to see? Sims lookin weird in playmode and create a sim mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest update

They look like that when you play or go to create a sim mode

Message 1309 of 1,472 (3,129 Views)

Re: Sims clitching

Hero
@LokkiFromFinland I moved your post over to the current thread for missing textures

Coud you try all the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1310 of 1,472 (3,125 Views)