by crinrict

Original Post

checkered skin and clothes (bug)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? it doesnt matter
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open the cas lmfaoooo
What happens when the bug occurs? sims skins are checkered with question marks, the clothes are like it too, and the hair. the whole sim is like this.
What do you expect to see? normal skin. normal clothes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent update has made all my sims' skin colors red/white black/white with question marks all over. its not just in cas, its in the live mode and everything too

the clothes, the skin, red and white checkered with question marks all over/

in the picture added, i've tried all of the skin tones, different shades, and they're all the same.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1241 of 1,472 (2,002 Views)

Re: checkered skin and clothes (bug)

★★★★ Apprentice

try reparing your game through origin.

Message 1242 of 1,472 (1,988 Views)

Re: Where did willow creek, oasis spings, and new crest go?

@mimijean28  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Please try repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1243 of 1,472 (1,981 Views)

Re: checkered skin and clothes (bug)

Hero
@Abigaudet Merged your post with the main thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1244 of 1,472 (1,975 Views)

New update Sims 4 February 252021

★★★ Novice

Anyone having issues?

Message 1245 of 1,472 (1,968 Views)

Sims 4 Characters not working (I took all my mods out and they still don't work)

★ Novice

All of the characters in my sims 4 game are all red and white with question marks all over them! I took all of my Mods out of the game and it still doesn't work. I even started a new game yet they still look the same. What should I do?

Message 1246 of 1,472 (1,891 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Characters not working (I took all my mods out and they still don't w

@xceonnax  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't work, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

Message 1247 of 1,472 (1,887 Views)

sims 4 create a sim is red white and question marks on it

★★★ Newbie

Hi ive just recently updated the sims 4 on Origin and when i go to create a sim, the sim is either invisable or the skin is red and white with black question marks on it. I have exited the game and tried again but still the same. please help?

thank you

Message 1248 of 1,472 (1,894 Views)

TS4 new update issues [02/28/21]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got The Sims 4 when it was free at Origin and made the last update. My families are all there, but when I try to load them, it only offers me expansion lands to live and I can't play. Is anyone having the same problem? 

Message 1249 of 1,472 (1,890 Views)

Re: TS4 new update issues [02/28/21]

[ Edited ]

@xtyrahnee and @Beckie20131988  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

Message 1250 of 1,472 (1,868 Views)