Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

by sheydoll

Original Post

Re: I updated the Sims 4 and now I can't see my Sims

★★ Novice

I tried your method. However, it did not work. I'm not sure what is the issue but I just can't see my sims at all. They are all invisible and this is making the game so much less fun. What can I do?

Message 1191 of 1,472 (1,547 Views)

@Sam_Wong_89  Did you specifically try repairing the game in Origin?  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't work, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1192 of 1,472 (1,529 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for your advice. I will give it a try. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 1193 of 1,472 (1,512 Views)

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

★★★ Novice
@Spiritjammer14 Did you get it fixed? I read the new WW mod was causing an issue?
Message 1194 of 1,472 (1,487 Views)

the graphics of the game glitched out

★★★ Newbie

My game had glitched out and froze for about an hour a month or so ago, I just recently went back to the game to play and found the graphics on my sims were all messed up with blocks of red, white, and black plus question marks on the skin and clothing on my sims, plus certain items, clothing or mods would cause my sim to disappear completely. Anyone know how to fix this?  

Message 1195 of 1,472 (1,464 Views)

Re: the graphics of the game glitched out

Hero
@charlesmcdco I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1196 of 1,472 (1,438 Views)

Sims 4 stuck on expansion pack options

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I've gone onto my saved Sims 4 game and I click play as usual and it loads up this screen (image attached) and won't let me exit onto my game. It's basically loads a screen with 'residential worlds' and has all locked worlds as I don't have any expansion packs but just the standard game - and I have no idea how to exit this screen and go onto my saved game! Any ideas why it's doing this and how to resolve it? It just won't let me move past this screen and play.

Thanks!

Message 1197 of 1,472 (1,280 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stuck on expansion pack options

★★★ Pro

@alishabelll Have you tried a repair game option go into origin then my game library right click on the Sims 4 then click on repair if your using mods or cc remove those first before you repair the game I had this happen once and when I repaired the game the base worlds came back.

Message 1198 of 1,472 (1,276 Views)

Wallpaper Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.170.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all DLC EXCLUDING: Journey to Batu, Eco Lifestyle, and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the game after most recent patch and going straight into build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? All basegame wallpapers disappeared, and a good portion of expansion wallpapers in build mode, any wallpapers already on the lot were replaced with non-basegame wallpapers
What do you expect to see? The missing wallpapers appearing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch, for the Paranormal Stuff Pack

The bug happened in my game upon loading in a build I was working on. At first I thought it was something to do with one of my mods (I don' have any build/buy mode CC, just gameplay mods) and so I disabled them and tried again.
Upon reloading the game sans mods, the bug persisted. I can't access a majority of the wallpapers (all the base-game wallpapers are gone, as well as over 50% of the pack wallpapers)

Message 1199 of 1,472 (1,244 Views)

MY SIMS look like biology statue

★★★★★ Newbie

Just got an update on 21 January, and this is what happen to my sims. in new game and load game.

Any idea what should I do? been restarting and nothing change.

Please advice,

thank you

Message 1200 of 1,472 (1,237 Views)