Re: Sims 4 skin issue

by ValiantRedKnight

Original Post

Sims 4 skin issue

★★★ Newbie

The skins on my sims have been looking like the attached since the latest update. I don’t have any custom mods but EA help said mods were the issue. How can I fix this?

Message 1161 of 1,472 (1,211 Views)

★★ Guide
@mparisi214 Have you tried repairing your game? That usually fixes this particular issue when it’s not a mod issue. You might have to repair the game more than once. Anyway I think this happens when the patch doesn’t quite install properly, and they should be aware of that.
Message 1162 of 1,472 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ValiantRedKnight How do you repair the game? I’ve never had to do that before.
Message 1163 of 1,472 (1,191 Views)

Re: Gallery Won't Show Items PC BUG

Hero
@ShaeHornback Did you ever move your Sims installation to a different location with the move interaction or are do you have Sims on an external drive ?

Have you tried reinstalling Origin itself also ? (sorry, didn't go back to read all posts)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1164 of 1,472 (1,181 Views)

★★ Guide

Go to the origin games library, right click the Sims 4’s icon, then choose Repair from the list of options. Hopefully you only have to do it once.

Message 1165 of 1,472 (1,185 Views)

Re: Gallery Won't Show Items PC BUG

★★★ Novice
@crinrict My sims file is on the laptop and same location. And, I have not tried the reinstall of origin itself. I didn't know that could be a problem. I will definitely try that. Thanks.
Message 1166 of 1,472 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mparisi214 Are you on mac or pc ? I merged your post with the pc thread for now but will move to the mac one if you're on mac.

Please see first page for suggestions.

@ShaeHornback Reinstall Origin and then try another repair (yeah, I know) but it might be an issue with Origin that keeps it from installing everything. Although it's odd that you have the textures in some mods and not in others.

Have you ever tested if they show up on a new save game ? See if it's save game related for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1167 of 1,472 (1,166 Views)

Weird Glitch

★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, you can help me please?

I have a weird gltch in my game, the world selction are so glitchy.

I dont have mods, or CC.

Occurs since the patch that was released on December 14, 2020 (today's patch)

Message 1168 of 1,472 (1,152 Views)

EA Skin Tones Glitching With Latest Patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I simply opened up the file and all of the skintones that are from EA are doing this. I tried to fix it by removing all of the custom content skintones from the system but even after that, they're still doing this.
What happens when the bug occurs? EA skintones show up as white and red, as if their base does not exist.
What do you expect to see? The skintones added in without the glitch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch EA added seems to have triggered this.

EA skin tones are glitching. Happened with the most recent patch. I removed all custom skin tones and overlays. Still doing it. Photos attached are from different saves and different neighborhoods.

Message 1169 of 1,472 (1,146 Views)

Re: Weird Glitch

Hero
@FuwerzarRandom Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1170 of 1,472 (1,116 Views)