Non cc items appearing with no texture in cas

by Emberly2

Original Post

Re: Graphics Glitches after update

★ Novice

Thank you so much!!! This has worked. Love a right click!!! Although deleting the caches was quite scary!!

Thanks again.

Message 1111 of 1,476 (1,302 Views)
Highlighted

Non cc items appearing with no texture in cas

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi so I use cas cc in my sims 4 game sometimes, it is all tested and working and I haven't added any new items for months, however one of the original non cc hairs from the base game now appears the same way custom content that is missing a mesh appears. I have never noticed this problem before so I can't be sure how long it has been there but it must be relatively recent. Possibly it is a glitch in the new update but I would've thought more people would talk about it. I've attached a picture of what I see and which hair it is.

Message 1112 of 1,476 (1,165 Views)

Re: Non cc items appearing with no texture in cas

@Emberly2  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1113 of 1,476 (1,149 Views)

Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat - Fresh install and hairs are corrupted

★★ Novice

Hi, I just reinstalled Sims 4 on my new computer and after a wild night trying to install it without Origin bluescreening my computer, I narrowed down the culprit to Outdoor Retreat.

I isolated it and downloaded it separately from the the others and it seems to have installed without blowing up, EXCEPT the hairs have the red and white "?" texture on them.

Everything else from the pack seems to be working.

I've tried repairing and even removing the pack and redownloading, to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1114 of 1,476 (1,160 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too bcuz of the latest (08.12.2020) update.  I was playing last night & everything worked fine. 

I've never used any mods or CC & have all packs except star wars & snowy escape.

In addtion to all the question marks on my SIM and lost textures on assets both on & off my lot (even the 'background' assets), my SIM has dramatically increased in size (weight). 

Also, it's not just MY Sim that's not displaying correctly, even the NPC's are red & white with question marks on them.

As I loaded this save the error that came up said, "One or more Create a Sim items have been removed.  The items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items."  

I will try the suggestion below & respond if it worked or not.

Message 1115 of 1,476 (1,218 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

★★★ Novice

Okay.  So I did the right click & repaired in Origin (which includes waiting for it to 'verify' each pack again), & also deleted the thumbcache's as directed previously at the beginning of this thread.  My SIM is still SUPER big (she was level 10 fitness before) but other than that it seems to have worked, thanks!

Message 1116 of 1,476 (1,215 Views)

sims broken

★★★ Newbie

After a week without playing, origin asked me to update the game, when I entered the cas the sim was broken (like with that interogation sign in the whole body) it was the same with mods or with ea clothes, also when I press a part from the sim I do not get the menu of accessories, clothes, hair etc. If anyone has any idea what I can do tell me pls

Message 1117 of 1,476 (1,193 Views)

skin

★★★ Newbie

Hey ^^

I did the new update and the skin of my sims are broke, same for objects who had a weird texture, i don't know what I did wrong. Please help me

Message 1118 of 1,476 (1,186 Views)

Re: skin

Champion (Retired)

@zarbie300 

How are they broken?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1119 of 1,476 (1,175 Views)

Re: skin

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen The are a interrogation point on the face and in some textures
Message 1120 of 1,476 (1,156 Views)