by crinrict

Original Post

my sims are

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? perfect patio spa day city living get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims turn red black and white
What do you expect to see? my game to be fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. took mods out, uninstalled game

my sims are red and white with black question marks. when i take the cc out the sims are fine, but once i put them back in they go to those colors, i've even repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled the game i really need help!!!!

Edit By Crinrict: Corrected version number

Message 1101 of 1,472 (1,148 Views)

Re: my sims are

Hero
@lilguap247 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1102 of 1,472 (1,132 Views)

New update for Mt. Komerobi crash fix

★★★ Newbie

Just updated after the new update for snow escape. I guess EA tried to fix the game with another small update so it wouldn’t crash, but now when I play in the mountain, the world is blacked out and there are purple question marks in place of trees. My sims are also doing that glitch where they have red white and black with more question marks. I don’t know what to do, can I not play the game now?

Message 1103 of 1,472 (1,149 Views)

Re: New update for Mt. Komerobi crash fix

★ Guide

Try a game repair via origin.....

Message 1104 of 1,472 (1,144 Views)

Sims and lots are colorful and have question marks all over

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, discover university, get famous, get to work, island living, seasons, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, star wars, tiny living, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really am not sure. I don't know if it's just in my game or if it with the new update. I just opened up my game and everything had questions marks and was all colorful. I tried starting a new world to see if that was affected too, and it was.
What happens when the bug occurs? From opening the game, the world and the sims are very colorful with question marks on them.
What do you expect to see? Everything is colorful and with question marks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just did the latest update.

My sims and world have gone all wonky! I opened my game today, and this is how everything looks. Does anyone know what to do?

Message 1105 of 1,472 (1,317 Views)

Re: Sims and lots are colorful and have question marks all over

Hero
@savecee I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1106 of 1,472 (1,309 Views)

My games broken

★★★ Newbie

When the new sims update came. My sims 4 world had colorful question marks, I don’t know how to explain it. I’m new to the sims so I don’t know what to do. Please help me😶

Message 1107 of 1,472 (1,084 Views)

Re: My games broken

@potgang35785  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1108 of 1,472 (1,065 Views)

Graphics Glitches after update

★ Novice

Hi,

I started my Sims 4 game today and got a pop up on the menu screen which said a patch had been uploaded to fix the problems a previous patch had caused. Fine. But now some outfits on some sims cause them to have white skin tone with red question marks all over???? Llama images instead of a view of Brightchester????? Blue plants instead of green and huge purple spikes instead of tree trunks????

I have no mods or CC installed.

Any ideas or solutions appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1109 of 1,472 (1,247 Views)

Re: Graphics Glitches after update

@Layla298  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1110 of 1,472 (1,226 Views)