by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: CAS Glitch after November 2020 patch

Hero
@littenblitz try repairing your game through origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1091 of 1,476 (1,010 Views)

Sim skin/clothes is red/white with "?"

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base: 1.68.154.1020 (64 BIT)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Some Sim textures are white and red blocks with "?" inside the white blocks.
What do you expect to see? Sim skin, Sim hair, Sim clothing etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

From the very start of the installation yesterday the Sims4 from Steam has had these strange textures for some of the Sims.  Including hair, hats, clothing, skintone, pants and shoes.  This is sometimes a full Sim, and sometimes half and half (as pictured). 

Message 1092 of 1,476 (934 Views)

Re: Sim skin/clothes is red/white with "?"

★★ Expert
@acasia8a--try repairing your game through Steam. right-click on the game in your library, and then click on 'properties'. go to the 'local files' tab and click on 'verify integrity of game files'.

also delete localthumbcache.package from documents -> electronic arts -> the sims 4.
Message 1093 of 1,476 (1,052 Views)

The Sims 4 November 2020 Graphic Errors

★★★★★ Newbie

After watching LilSimsie go over the update, I wanted to play and test it out for myself. So I removed all my mods, updated it and went to go play and... (Uhhh.png)

I noticed that some expansion logos are missing and my sims have missing textures. I'm guessing that someone tried to half do the Skin Tone update. It was funny for the first 2 minutes, I had my sim Plan Outfits and All 3 were affected, I enabled cheats and did the Cas.FullEditMode and it was every single skin tone? even the alien colors? The only one not affected was the small pit bull pup in the family. Luckily I didn't have the crash bug but its still unplayable. Anyone else have the issue?

Message 1094 of 1,476 (1,013 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The Sims 4 November 2020 Graphic Errors

@ZevYue  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1095 of 1,476 (1,008 Views)

base game world have disappeared after recent patch

★★★ Newbie

I just installed the recent update andnall 3 of my base game worlds have disappeared. There is no access on the Residential Worls screen or the Vacation Worlds screen. I have not installed the new Winter Expansion pack, just the update. What can I do?

Message 1096 of 1,476 (905 Views)

Re: base game world have disappeared after recent patch

@ajjohn025  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1097 of 1,476 (888 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 November 2020 Graphic Errors

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I had to repair 4 times because Origin itself kept crashing while I tried to repair it, but it eventually worked. Thank you!

Message 1098 of 1,476 (981 Views)

Re: Grey llama red skin bug

★ Novice
@unseenlarks ive tried both. more than once. neither has worked.
Message 1099 of 1,476 (963 Views)

Re: Grey llama red skin bug

★★ Expert
@latynna94621--do you see llamas in one specific world? if you're on a Mac, the repair won't fix your whole game, and you need to try Bluebellflora's guide here for the specific world(s) you're having issues with: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/
Message 1100 of 1,476 (958 Views)