Re: Stranger Ville CAS Broken

by Mr_Simformation

Original Post

Re: Grey Llama Icon Thumbnail

Hero
@SmilingKimothy The llama picture usually is a placeholder picture for something the game can't load but they show up in really odd spaces for you.

You say it doesn't occur when you move all your saves, does that mean you only see it on your current save games but all of those but not if you start a new one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1081 of 1,476 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, I took out all my save files and started a fresh game, and now everything works. Thank you!
Message 1082 of 1,476 (1,162 Views)

Hero
@SmilingKimothy If you put back the old saves, is it still happening there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1083 of 1,476 (1,144 Views)

Anyone having these issues?

★ Apprentice

My partner turned on his game this morning and most of his sims the red and black question mark of death. He turned off all mods and still it is there. He does have some very old games in there yet. 

also on hi age profile he has toddler child teen ya adult elder and lama! okaayyy.

Trees have ? marks also and some of the tags are greyed out.

Anyone have thoughts on this.

Message 1084 of 1,476 (1,124 Views)

Re: Anyone having these issues?

Champion
@HG_Ethan When you turn of the modifications, please also delete the file: Localthumbcache.package'. When you play on a windows computer you will find it in this folder: '\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4'.
Usually it will also get rid of parts of the old corrupted modifications or cc.
Also get an update for all your modifications and replace these by using the 50/50 methode.
Good luck.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 1085 of 1,476 (1,093 Views)

Re: Anyone having these issues?

★ Apprentice
@Trismagistos Thanks, forgot about localthumbcache,
Message 1086 of 1,476 (1,084 Views)

Stranger Ville CAS Broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spooky Stuff, Get Together, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Dine Out, Kids Room, City Living, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangerville, Island Living, Moschino Stuff, Realm of Magic, Discover University, Tiny Living Stuff, and Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Create-A-Sim and put on the StrangerVille Outfits (two womens dresses, one mens full body suit, and one mens sweater), or hover over the Roswell and Eclectic Arts families on the map.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whole sim becomes a red and white checkered texture with black question-marks on it.
What do you expect to see? The correct textures for the outfits and for my sims to not be full red and white checkered boxes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th Patch was Downloaded.

Four Create-A-Sim items (that I noticed) from Stranger Ville are broken. After downloading the newest patch, I went into Stranger Ville to make a rental lot and found the Roswells and Mark Eggleston completely covered in red and white checkered boxes with black question marks. 

Message 1087 of 1,476 (1,104 Views)

Hero
@Mr_Simformation I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1088 of 1,476 (1,069 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, that fixed the Strangerville items.

Message 1089 of 1,476 (1,066 Views)

CAS Glitch after November 2020 patch

★★★ Newbie

Hello

After I updated my game with the new patch today, all EA skins in CAS are broken and showing the red and white checkerboard pattern. Some jewelry swatches are also affected and cause the eyes to go red.

I have CC turned off and it is only the EA skins that seem to be involved, playing on a PC.

Message 1090 of 1,476 (1,149 Views)