Re: Red and White Characters

by Mrslapp2013

Original Post

Red and White Characters

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the vampires pack as well as the magic pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All of my characters as well as some of the building materials are now not showing properly. On their faces the color disappears, there is a ? on their faces, clothes will be white and red/black. I have added a screen shot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can still play the game normally, however it is very distracting that this is happening. I updated my game and then this started happening.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to see the makeup I put on my characters, and the items I use in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I went to play the game yesterday, Oct 8,2020 and this started after I did the update. The only other one I loaded was the Legacy Edition.

Please see my screen shots to see exactly what is happening. This happens on building items too.

Message 1041 of 1,476 (942 Views)

Hero
@Mrslapp2013 Try repairing your game through Origin

Merged with master thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1042 of 1,476 (917 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

How do I do that? 😊

Message 1043 of 1,476 (1,165 Views)

Hero
@Mrslapp2013
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1044 of 1,476 (1,164 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you

Message 1045 of 1,476 (1,161 Views)

Sims 4 CAS Broken After Oct. 2020 Patch

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the Star Wars pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I open CAS, the skin tones aren't working and there is something corrupting the clothing as if I had a bad mod or cc installed which I don't have any in my game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Skin tones are displaying either the incorrect colour or are solid black with no detail. CAS clothing/accessories appear in red, black and white like cc without the mesh installed. I have photos but the form won't let me attach the.
What do you expect to see? Normal CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The October patch and Hispanic Heritage updates, This is the first time I have opened the game since the update.

Link to Google drive photos as they are too large to attach here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QK69U7kZkVDm4ha9S5zqbCBShmR6I6CZ/view?usp=sharing,%20https://drive....

Message 1046 of 1,476 (1,185 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CAS Broken After Oct. 2020 Patch

Message 1047 of 1,476 (1,183 Views)

Hero
@mikahih I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1048 of 1,476 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I've recently noticed that in my game (since the most recent update), one of my cc default skin presets has stopped working (so I deleted it until the cc creator updates it). I also noticed that with certain outfits one of my sims is wearing (note: she is wearing cc eyelashes that show up normally on other outfits) and there are black spots all around the outside of her eyes.

I tried going back into CAS and taking the lashes off and putting them back to see if that would fix it. It did not. I also tried to change the graphics to uncompressed textures to see if that would help. It also did not.

I'm just confused. This wasn't happening before the update (and it I find it weird how the eyelashes only show up normally on certain outfits).

If you have any advice that would be awesome.

- Note: I also have tried to just repair my game (and I've removed any broken cc that was in my game). Origin would freeze right as the last two or three expansion packs I have would be downloading, so that got frustrating (and I don't have time...literally...to be waiting for the game to repair 95% of the way and redownload all of the expansion packs just for origin to crap out on me a bunch of times).
Message 1049 of 1,476 (1,110 Views)

Hero
@RainOnPromNight I don't personally use this kind of cc so it's probably just no longer compatible. Please check with the creator of the cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1050 of 1,476 (1,093 Views)