Re: Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textures

by crinrict

Original Post

Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textures

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, discover university, get to work, island living, seasons, spa day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i just updated my game today and have never had this problem before

Today after updating my game, all my sims are covered in red and white chequered question marks. I've never had this problem before and can't see a reason why its happened or how to fix it. 

I've repaired the game on Origin as i seen this was suggested to someone else with a similar problem but this didn't work. 

Message 1011 of 1,472 (1,055 Views)

Hero
@jade2002x I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1012 of 1,472 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for this suggestion but I've tried this and it didn't seem to fix it. 

Message 1013 of 1,472 (1,032 Views)

Hero
@jade2002x There's some other suggestions on the first post you can try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1014 of 1,472 (1,029 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 items sims have question marks on them. I’ve tried EVERYTHING

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but I cant repair it because origin wont load anything! I even changed my router. Nothing.

Message 1015 of 1,472 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also my worlds wont load

Message 1016 of 1,472 (1,027 Views)

Hero
@Quill1010 That all points towards a faulty installation.

If Origin doesn't load, try clearing Origin cache: https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1017 of 1,472 (1,008 Views)

Skin Glitch Red/White/?

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University, Get Famous, Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Parenthood, Dine Out, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Nifty Knitting, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to play a household/ Play a household/ Interact in live mode at all
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims skin goes Red/White, eyes go Red, and there are random question (?) marks everywhere. It doesn't leave if you pan out of the sim. Sometimes it appears on the sims avatar on the bottom but sometimes it does not. It doesn't affect every Sim, very random selection. Doesn't just affect active household but townies walking around can also have it.
What do you expect to see? A normal Sim skin color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent one. I think it was an update made at the beginning of September or late August.

I've seen this issue on a forum on a Facebook group but I can't find it on here as already being addressed.

Message 1018 of 1,472 (937 Views)

Re: Skin Glitch Red/White/?

★★ Expert
@scherbs1--can you try repairing your game? (right-click on it in your Origin library, and choose 'repair'.)
Message 1019 of 1,472 (998 Views)

After the September update - can not choose build sim mode: nose, mouth, cheeks

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, Holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the build mode. or the built sim mode
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant see any roof pattern in built mode. There are no options for multiple features in built sim mode
What do you expect to see? the message: "No result found". No options for features in built sim mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded an update last Tuesday.

Hello !

After the last update (which I did this week) I had 2 issues:

1. In build mode- when I want to select "roof pattern" I can not. When I click on "roof pattern" it says to me - "no result found". In addition, there are houses where the roof has disappeared.

2. In built sim mode- I have a number of additional problems, for males it is not possible to choose eye shape type, nose shape type, cheek type, head shape type, chin type. This is because there is no choice at all.
A similar problem for female design - there are fewer choices of nose shape, mouth shape and eyes. And choices for chin shape, cheek shape and head shape do not exist at all.

I have attached a PDF file where you can see the problems I mentioned.

Thank you!

Message 1020 of 1,472 (1,004 Views)