Re: Sims not displaying skin tone

by crinrict

Original Post

Square screen on loading screen

★★★ Newbie

Hi I had a problem where it told me about some video card error and I fixed it by updating my game but after my game was updated and I started it up the loading screen just had a Square where the plumbob usually is I don’t know how or why that happened but can someone please help me 

Message 1001 of 1,472 (839 Views)

Re: Square screen on loading screen

@Teneea  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't work, please try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this yet; just see whether the game looks normal now.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1002 of 1,472 (826 Views)

new update

★★★ Newbie

Since I updated the Sims today, I cannot access my games. I hit the "load game" button and I clicked on the game I wanted to play. Instead of it taking me to the world, it took me to the different expansion packs that I could purchase. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, what can I do? 

Message 1003 of 1,472 (822 Views)

Re: new update

@adriennemoss0529  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1004 of 1,472 (801 Views)

Every sim in the game face and body is completely unrecognizable.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but Star Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once the neighborhood is loaded you can click on any household and see the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the neighborhood is loaded; I'll click on any household and see the problem with the sims.
What do you expect to see? Every sim in the game face and body is completely white and red with black question mark on the forehead. All the hair, skin complexions, eye color, is basically unrecognizable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started right after that September 3, 2020 update.

This started right after that September 3, 2020 update. Every sim in the game face and body is completely white and red with black question mark on the forehead. All the hair, skin complexions, eye color, is basically unrecognizable. I've also have repaired and reupdated game in Origin and no changes. Please help

Message 1005 of 1,472 (933 Views)

Re: Every sim in the game face and body is completely unrecognizable.

Hero
@queenmakeda1 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1006 of 1,472 (902 Views)

Re: Every sim in the game face and body is completely unrecognizable.

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I've tried that already. My game had a lot of bugs already from previous updates, so I guess this one just finished me off lol. But thank you for the advice.

Message 1007 of 1,472 (876 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@naturedance The same thing with my sims! I repaired my game and no changes. I hope someone can help us smh lmao
Message 1008 of 1,472 (875 Views)

Red question marks, Black Eyes, Broken Game

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Basically everyone besides the 2 newest because I cant even play my game anymore
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Easily, every time you play. It is unplayable..
What happens when the bug occurs? 10/10 every time
What do you expect to see? Red question. marks on their bodies, black eyes, my worlds wont load
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Examples

Message 1009 of 1,472 (1,030 Views)

Hero
@queenmakeda1 Try again. Sometimes it needs more than one repair. It's a mystery issue.

@drostma I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1010 of 1,472 (1,007 Views)