My Sims becomes CLOWN after update today

by sgvelox79

Original Post

Re: Black & Red Patches on Sims, as well as Metallic skin

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, all the sims I've seen in the game have it, as well as randomly generated sims in CAS. I use mods but I removed my entire mods folder as I couldn't locate any broken mod and my game is still experiencing this error.

Message 981 of 1,476 (882 Views)

Re: Sims 4 problems. Help?

@ShadowCat_091  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 982 of 1,476 (851 Views)

★★ Expert
@tayliebean95--since you've removed mods, can you also try deleting the file named *localthumbcache.package* from documents / electronic arts / the sims 4, and repairing your game through Origin?
Message 983 of 1,476 (873 Views)

★★ Novice

@unseenlarks Sorry, would you be able to tell me how to do this?

Message 984 of 1,476 (854 Views)

★★ Expert
@emilythearbre--open Origin, go to your game library, and find the Sims 4 tile. right-click on it, and then on 'repair' on the options that will pop up. Standard smile
Message 985 of 1,476 (850 Views)

Re: Tank Top Texture Terror

[ Edited ]
Hero

@VrhelGirl I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

@emilythearbre Also merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 986 of 1,476 (845 Views)

i can't play my base game content

★★★ Newbie

After the new update, i can't reach my base game content. All of the packs are okay, but for example instead of loading all of the areas I can only go to Magnolia Promenade and when I want to build something, I can only use things from my packs, not from the base game. Can you help me please or tell me what I'm doing wrong? 

P.S. I don't use any custom content at the moment

Message 987 of 1,476 (839 Views)

Lost worlds when I updated Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Just ran an update and lost lots of worlds in my library. How can I retrieve?

Very upset 10 yr old!

Thanks

Message 988 of 1,476 (833 Views)

My Sims becomes CLOWN after update today

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest version as just updated today from ORIGIN
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except ECO and Starwars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It appears after update today
What happens when the bug occurs? All the face of my sims turn to clown. red and white patches and some with '?' on the fore head.
What do you expect to see? All the faces and clothes return back to normal conditions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch is automatically updated by ORIGIN.

All the faces of my sims looks weird. Looks like clowns with red and white patches on their face and some on their clothes. This happened after updated by ORIGIN. All characters in my neighbourhood looks weird. Tried reduce the graphic settings and restart the game and its still the same.

Message 989 of 1,476 (850 Views)

Re: My Sims becomes CLOWN after update today

Hero
@sgvelox79 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 990 of 1,476 (841 Views)