Original Post

Re: 7/23/2020 Update

★ Apprentice

Repairing the game works. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 881 of 1,476 (737 Views)

Question marks/red and white Sims after new patch update

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've been having trouble with weird textures, question marks and red/white or black/white blocks on my Sims (screenshots attached). I have already browsed the Forum for a bit, so here's a few to have in mind:

- I have no CC

- The packs I use are Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Bowling Night stuff and Perfect Patio stuff.

- I have already repaired the game through Origin and it did absolutely nothing, the problem remains.

- It happens to all of my saved games.

It's getting so annoying I wish I could uninstall this update and go back to before it. So please if anyone has found a solution I would really really appreciate it!!

Message 882 of 1,476 (748 Views)

Re: Question marks/red and white Sims after new patch update

@dudasouzw  Since the repair alone didn't help, please clear Origin's cache, to flush its data.  Then and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help either, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just create a couple of sims and see whether the same issue happens.  It would be best to try some of the same outfits (for the same age groups) that are affected now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 883 of 1,476 (737 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

★★ Novice

I have this issue now since installing the update today.  I haven't turned on mods again yet either, and I tried repairing the game but it didn't fix the issue.  Any other suggestions?

Message 884 of 1,476 (741 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

★★ Novice

Oh, well, just went through my entire Mods folder to see if anything was conflicting and didn't find anything, reloaded all of my Mods, and now everything is fixed.  Raised eyebrow

Message 885 of 1,476 (726 Views)

Re: there is missing walls, floors and 3 base worlds after the latest update

Hero
@fyathyco Restart your computer, then try again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 886 of 1,476 (730 Views)

Re: skin glitch

★ Novice
thank you
Message 887 of 1,476 (705 Views)

Re: Images in game dissapeared after update

★★ Novice
@crinrict after sleeping on it, the repairoption was working.
so now it worked.

thanks.
Message 888 of 1,476 (723 Views)

Re: 2020 july 23 missing base worlds and flors and walls after update

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen after sleeping on it, the repairoption was working.
so now it worked.

thanks.
Message 889 of 1,476 (722 Views)

sims are red and white and covered in question marks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Updated yesterday and now when I try to create a human sim they are red and white and covered in question marks.
What happens when the bug occurs? As above
What do you expect to see? I would expect them to not be red and white!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I updated my Sims yesterday and now when I try to create a new human sim they are red and white and covered in question marks. How do I fix this?

Message 890 of 1,476 (710 Views)