My Characters are Missing!

by jmo7777777

Original Post

Sims 4 Holiday Free Stuff Pack Broke

★★★ Newbie

I have all of my packs installed, including the free Holiday pack. However, whenever I try to use it in my game, it looks like it's broken CC in CAS (I can click it, but the Sim just turns red and white with the question marks, if you've ever had broken CC in your game). Whenever I try to use it in build and buy mode, it seems like the meshes aren't there? I don't really know how to describe it, but I can click the object and place it, but then it either disappears when I do place it, or it stays and turns pink and blue. I'll include screenshots so you can see what I mean. It's really not the end of the world because I have the Seasons EP, but there are a few things that I used to use a lot, but I can't anymore. 

Some extra info: right now I don't have any mods or custom content in my game. This also occurred before all of my packs uninstalled (and I had to reinstall them, even though there was still space taken up by them when they were installed the first time, so I had to delete a TON of stuff on my computer in order to download them again... it was a whole debacle, but what I mean by this is that it isn't doing this because it got uninstalled with all my other packs. One day it was working, the next it wasn't.)

The first image I attached is what it looks like when the Sim has any clothing from the pack on. I put on the slippers that came with the pack for example. It reminds me of what it looks like when you don't have the mesh for CC installed, and only the color or texture (I don't know, I can't make CC). The second image is what happens with the build and buy objects. I placed two sets of presents, and you can see that they're just colors? Also, objects like the Christmas tree and all of the rugs look normal in the catalog, but disappear when you place them (obviously I couldn't show that in screenshots). Some objects look broken in the catalog, too, which hopefully you can see.

Thanks for the help if anyone has it! Standard smile

Message 851 of 1,476 (910 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Holiday Free Stuff Pack Broke

@kendaIIll

Merged your post into this thread on the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 852 of 1,476 (900 Views)

CAS and Select World Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Moschino Stuff and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Start a new game. Or create a new household. 2) Go to World Select
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) Once in CAS mode, there is no image of the sim. When I cancel story mode or reset household, same thing. 2) Missing 3 worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
What do you expect to see? 1) The ability to create a family and edit my sims. 2) All available worlds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Once I did the most recent update and purchased 2 packs (Realm of Magic and Bowling Night Stuff)

I've attached 3 screenshots showing my issues.

Message 853 of 1,476 (879 Views)

Re: CAS and Select World Issue

Hero
@TheSpockerr I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 854 of 1,476 (836 Views)

My Characters are Missing!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Dogs and Cats, Vampires,Laudry Day, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Most of the flooring in my houses turned to squares with question marks on it. Also, I can no longer make new characters or see my old characters!!
What happens when the bug occurs? No characters, squares with question marks instead of flooring
What do you expect to see? See my characters again. Be able to create a character. Have flooring again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it happened after the July update.

3 Screenshots attached

Message 855 of 1,476 (849 Views)

New Expansion Pack Made Sims & Cities Disappear

★★ Newbie

Hello, 

On Wednesday I downloaded a set of expansion packs.. Tiny Living, Eco Style, and another one (can't remember). After I downloaded it all of my sims were moved into a library and the cities that they originally lived in disappeared. The sims that come with the game and live in the realm of magic city or eco friendly town are still there, but I can't visibly see them. Idk what to do. Please help! 

Message 856 of 1,476 (822 Views)

Re: New Expansion Pack Made Sims & Cities Disappear

@wegeton  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 857 of 1,476 (790 Views)

Re: My Characters are Missing!

Hero
@jmo7777777 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 858 of 1,476 (794 Views)

Re: sims 4 grey llama / disappearing lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I don't know when this conversation was going on but, I am having the exact same problem. So far I only know of two lots in Willow Creek with the problem but I need to know how to fix this. Could you help?

Message 859 of 1,476 (1,178 Views)

Re: sims 4 grey llama / disappearing lots

@hal789123  Try repairing the game in Origin, as described in post 2.  If it doesn't help, please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 860 of 1,476 (1,157 Views)