Errors after new update: teens, mods (sims 4)

by hannaemiliiia

Original Post

Highlighted

Errors after new update: teens, mods (sims 4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! I've experienced some errors with my teens which are all full of question marks and also red. Even with other age groups in combination with some of my mods that have been working fine before. These errors seem to have appeard after the newest update, is there any way to simply solve this issue?

Message 831 of 1,476 (814 Views)

Re: Errors after new update: teens, mods (sims 4)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem. I have CC as well and never had a problem until a few minutes ago. On top of the in game format errors, I am also missing 3 worlds. Newcrest, Oasis Springs and another I can't remember the name of. I swear I hate updates!!!

Message 832 of 1,476 (846 Views)

★★★ Pro

Your missing world's problem remove all cc and mods from your game go into origin click on game library right click on the Sims 4 click repair game wait for it to repair your world's will be back as for the mods and cc problem maybe they got broke with the update.

Message 833 of 1,476 (820 Views)

Hero
@hannaemiliiia I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 834 of 1,476 (910 Views)

CANNOT SEE SIMS AFTER UPDATE 7-8

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansion packs, game and stuff packs I have owned .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I load up the game, I try to create a sim, and am unable to see the sim or the create a story graphic. I click on my current households and am unable to see any of my sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I load up the game, I try to create a sim, and am unable to see the sim or the create a story graphic. I click on my current households and am unable to see any of my sims.
What do you expect to see? When I load up the game, I try to create a sim, and am unable to see the sim or the create a story graphic. I click on my current households and am unable to see any of my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was patch update 7/8/2020.

When I load up the game, I try to create a sim, and am unable to see the sim or the create a story graphic. I click on my current households and am unable to see any of my sims. 

I have tried figuring out my settings, uninstalling the game and re-installing, but the same issue occurs. this is quite frustrating when i've paid alot of money for all the packs.  NOTE THIS ONLY STARTED HAPPENING AFTER I DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE FROM YESTERDAY 7-8. before then, the game was working just fine.

Message 835 of 1,476 (917 Views)

Can't play after July 2020 Update.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Parenthood, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons and Discover University.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either click "New Game" and enter CAS or try to load any save or existing household.
What happens when the bug occurs? CAS - Is stuck before the "Story" dialogue screen and there's no way to get past it. Can only see the blurred background of CAS. Trying to load a save - When entering the lot the sim is living in, it tells me "One or more Create a Sim items have been removed. The items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items.". After that, the floor texture and some furniture is missing. Also, the sims themselves are completely invisible and I can't even click on the sim (e.g to enter CAS, sing, etc).
What do you expect to see? All of my furniture and other items to be there, to be able to actually start a new game, to be able to load up a save, to be able to see my sims etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm not 100% sure if its related but this has all happened after the July update that was supposed to fix some bugs with Eco Living and University. ‌

Message 836 of 1,476 (1,009 Views)

Re: Can't play after July 2020 Update.

★★★ Newbie

I cant even create a new sims, i literally made this account today to ask for help from this, and its after I updated this crap, and I'm a little ticked i tried getting rid of all of my sims since i cant play with any of them and tried to create a new sim, and i cant even see the sim I'm trying to create wtf is going on. 

Message 837 of 1,476 (967 Views)

Re: CANNOT SEE SIMS AFTER UPDATE 7-8

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BreighStout

@sparklekitty33 

I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 838 of 1,476 (925 Views)

Bugs after Patch update Newcrest missing Sims invisible Floor appears as ???

★★★ Newbie

After this last patch update, I'm having an issue where Newcrest world is missing and my sims are invisible as well as the flooring appearing in a purple question mark pattern at the homes.  I don't play with any mods or CC but this seems like a pretty big bug.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 839 of 1,476 (678 Views)

Re: Bugs after Patch update Newcrest missing Sims invisible Floor appears as ???

@deenshw  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 840 of 1,476 (668 Views)