Re: black squares and questions marks on sims body

by crinrict

Original Post

black squares and questions marks on sims body

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Mac
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island, seasons, city, parenting, dine out, toddler stuff, spa, backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing the sims just have marks on them
What do you expect to see? regular with no squares
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I closed my game out and came back to squares and questions marks on my sims. I have no idea how this happen I don't use anything but the cheat code motherlode, how do I get  this off my game. I completely erased everything and still nothing Help!!

Message 711 of 1,472 (731 Views)
Highlighted

Re: black squares and questions marks on sims body

Hero
@malanna I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

@AreTooDTwo Did you try all the other suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 712 of 1,472 (865 Views)

can't play sims4 legacy because it won't stop glitching

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions:Cat & Dogs,Get to Work. Game Pack:Parenthood,Spa Day. Stuff packs: Movie Hangout Stuff,Toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play loaded game and once in the game the bug makes the sim world black and other colors and the sims have red, white, and black spots with question marks. Also, a bug can be found in building mode. when clicking on building mode the problem is with moving the objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't play the game because the sims don't look like the one's I created and they won't let me play them. Also, in building mode it won't let me turn the furniture.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my sims to stay the skin color I choose and I expect when I buy furniture to be able to turn it the way I want it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• subject: sims4
  • you can see the bug on one of the load games. the bug also affects all of the loaded games.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 713 of 1,472 (855 Views)

Re: can't play sims4 legacy because it won't stop glitching

Hero
@jermonilove I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 714 of 1,472 (846 Views)

Re: can't play sims4 legacy because it won't stop glitching

★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks for the advice.My game is back working.
Message 715 of 1,472 (801 Views)

Re: Question marks and colourful patterned sims

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora This is not a cc error because this is happening to tons of users who do not use cc or mods. This happened to the after the newest update.
Message 716 of 1,472 (801 Views)

Tree and ground glitch in the sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? .
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Cats and dogs, City living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe it's something that only happens in my game since I don't see anyone else complaining about this issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I open the game the trees are either all black or purple and they have question marks all over them. So does the groung.
What do you expect to see? I would like to have normal trees and groung.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I believe it's something that only happens in my game since I don't see anyone else complaining about this issue. Every time I open the game the trees are either all black or purple and they have question marks all over them. So does the groung. I tried removing all my cc to see what causes this but it was still the same without the costum content. I don't think I did anything unusual so I have no clue why this happens. The first time it occured was yesterday. I would appreciate any advice! Thank you in advance!

Message 717 of 1,472 (837 Views)

Re: Tree and ground glitch in the sims 4

Hero
@mytimehascomq Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game.(close game first)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 718 of 1,472 (859 Views)

Re: Tree and ground glitch in the sims 4

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much! It worked! I don't know why I didn't think of doing this, haha.

Have a nice day!
Message 719 of 1,472 (835 Views)

I am missing content and cannot see the sims in Create a Sim

★★ Newbie

I have uploaded the new Expansion pack the Eco lifestyle on Sims and on Mac but now I am unable to see the sims I create or when hovering on their household and the basegame worlds have disappeared 

Message 720 of 1,472 (894 Views)