Re: Red and White with question marks after June 2020 update

by crinrict

Original Post

Red and white checkered skin after update to Sims 4!!!

★★★★ Novice

So the new update happened today and as soon as I started the game after, it turned my mods off as it normally does... So with the mods OFF, my adult Sims have red and white checked skin with a black question mark on their face and I think on their chest as well... Is this a result of the update? I also restarted the game after turning mods back on... Same thing happened. I'm so irritated right now!! Here! Help please! 😇😁

Message 701 of 1,472 (744 Views)

Re: Red and White Skin

★ Novice
@StarryMight Repairing the game in Origin did it (I didn't know you could do that and took some time to locate that). Thanks!
Message 702 of 1,472 (835 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

@RebeccaJeanine71  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.  It's it's a good idea to the game without mods first as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 703 of 1,472 (796 Views)

Sims Cas glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, jungle adventure, parenthood, dineout, spa day and outdoor retreat. And I have laundry day toddler stuff kids room stuff and movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game and go into cas
What happens when the bug occurs? The cas glitches and makes everything white and red with a question mark
What do you expect to see? Normal cas
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch

It just glitches 

Message 704 of 1,472 (827 Views)

Re: Sims Cas glitch

★★★ Expert

@Summerisfab It looks like your game might have some corrupted or missing files. Have you tried repairing your game through Origin?

While logged in Origin:
- Click on My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- Select Repair

Wait for the scan to complete on your base game and all of your game packs. When it has finished, restart your game and see if everything looks good.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

Message 705 of 1,472 (818 Views)

Re: Sims Cas glitch

Hero
@Summerisfab I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 706 of 1,472 (772 Views)

Red and White with question marks after June 2020 update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Holiday Celebration, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Happens when I open a saved game. Does not happen when I create a new game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims 'skin' is red and white with question marks or totally black
What do you expect to see? I would like to see regular sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3, 2020 update

Hello, 
This is my first time submitting a bug, and I am fairly new to the Sims, so if I am not clear kindly let me know.

When I open a saved game my Sims are red and white with question marks or are solid black. 

I have tried the repair on Origin, which did help a little however they still are red and white with question marks.

I have attached a picture.

I have checked my system requirements and they all appear to be compliant with recommendations.

Message 707 of 1,472 (754 Views)

★ Guide

the recent patch added new textures for sims iirc, check your graphic settings ingame and post a screenshot of that?

Message 708 of 1,472 (685 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@AreTooDTwo I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 709 of 1,472 (663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks @crinrict  I have tried the repair on Origin several times. This is still happening. 

Message 710 of 1,472 (634 Views)