Re: Newest Update Glitches

by Asheck6

Original Post

Re: Sims4 update on Mac gave me psychedelic colours (help)

@Gamer_pixie_ig

Merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please see Crin's opening post on page 1 for suggestions.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 691 of 1,476 (752 Views)

Newest Update Glitches

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Realm of Magic, Seasons, Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, City Living, parenthood, vampires, romantic garden, and kids stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On the main menu you will see grey llama icons over some game/expansion/stuff packs. As soon as you select to create a new game and click either no thanks or yes to create my story you will get a character with non-removable painting on their faces. Furthermore, sometimes character simply show up invisible or some parts of the character show up invisible. This occurred after the newest update.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not able to edit part of the character. Might not be able to see your character.
What do you expect to see? A character I can customize fully including any painting as well as having the character completely visible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2020 Sims update

SOLVED- After downloading the newest update on June 6/32020 I have had reoccurring issues where I can't change the appearance of new characters and grey llama icons appear over important things such as the game packs display or over sim occult types as well as some items in inventory. Cannot change painting and also there is a white screen lag when exiting to the main menu from create-a-sim mode. It has also made some of my characters appear completely invisible or partial parts. I hopeScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png this gets fixed soon. -SOLVED BY USING REPAIR OPTION IN ORIGIN GAME LIBRARY-

Message 692 of 1,476 (840 Views)

Hero
@Asheck6 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 693 of 1,476 (823 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Will do! Thanks so much. Hope it fixes it.
Message 694 of 1,476 (811 Views)

Re: question marks on skin

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too. red and white blocks with // all over my sims. Origin doesn't have the repair option clickable to me and I don't have cc on my game. What else can I do? I'm afraid to play my new family and add cheats in case I will have to redo them and I don't want to open existing families I played before and have them have the problem too.

Message 695 of 1,476 (791 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict That fixed it! Standard smile
Message 696 of 1,476 (795 Views)

Re: question marks on skin

@Colleeflowa823  You need to quit the game to see the option to repair.  If that doesn't help or isn't the issue, restart your computer.  If you still don't have the option to repair, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart again, and try to repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 697 of 1,476 (771 Views)

Red and White Skin

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Go to Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Bowling, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure (cleared thumbnail cache and restarted game... tried compressing sim textures and restarted game)
What happens when the bug occurs? The skin texture of some sims appear as read and white patch with black question marks.
What do you expect to see? Regular skin
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated with June 2020 patch

I have no custom content (nor have I ever) I did have mods, but removed them a few days ago (so pre-patch update).

Message 698 of 1,476 (910 Views)

Re: Red and White Skin

★ Novice

Another thing I notice as I am playing the game is that the problems seem to be all the male sims. I went into CAS and the female is fine, but the male automatically has the red and white skin. If I try to edit an existing male sim in CAS and change the gender, it comes up with black patches instead. Skin color doesn't seem to matter.

Message 699 of 1,476 (876 Views)

Re: Red and White Skin

★★★★★ Guide
@amethystsoul27 : When you removed your mods, did you also delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 Folder in Documents? Did you also delete it after patching? If not, do so.

Also, try Repairing the game in Origin, too.
Message 700 of 1,476 (870 Views)