Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

@SSexton2002  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post on page 1 for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 91 of 1,472 (6,724 Views)

After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work

★★ Novice

After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work. It's showing up really weird. I took out all of my cc and mods so its not either of those. I had to download legacy edition and that didn't help either. Someone please help me out here :/ I attached some pictures of what it looks like

Message 92 of 1,472 (6,754 Views)

Re: After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work

Hero (Retired)
@secrettoh

Is your mods folder completely empty? For example, didn't you leave there a poses to the Gallery or a few CC?
These graphical errors on screens occurred in several players in the game after the patch but they disappeared after fixing the game in Origin.
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If it will not work try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

I don't work for EA
Message 93 of 1,472 (6,741 Views)

Weird glitch in CAS with white and red patches on the skin

★★ Novice

So the last time I played The Sims 4 was in August. I'm finally on my Thanksgiving break and I updated the game and got the University expansion, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and Realm of Magic. I have other packs but I've never had this weird glitch. I also already reset my files. I first downloaded the new legacy thing when I saw the glitch but my PC is Windows 10... so what do I do now? Also some icons for packs are missing.

Message 94 of 1,472 (7,004 Views)

CAS doesn’t work in Sims 4

★★★ Novice

When I try to use Create A Sim, for a new family or existing family (Plan Outfits), my Sim does not load. The screen stays blank. I am unable to click on the Sim. Has anyone experienced this recently with Sims 4 CAS? 

I have no mods and no cc. My laptop meets the new requirements. I was literally just playing the other night and used Plan Outfits and CAS loaded just fine. Help!!!

Message 95 of 1,472 (5,708 Views)

@Ifeogunyinkz  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post on page 1 for a fix.

Message 96 of 1,472 (6,992 Views)

Re: CAS doesn’t work in Sims 4

@Slashfan0216  I've moved your post to the PC tech section, since it sounds like some troubleshooting is in order.

Please move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game, which will create a clean folder, and try to load CAS.  If it works, the problem is something in your old game folder.  You can copy files from that folder to the new one in batches, testing each time to make sure CAS still works.  Leave your Saves folder for last, after you've confirmed everything else is fine.  Here's a full list of the files you'll find in your game folder:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

If you can't load CAS even in a clean game folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Or, if you happen to be on a Mac, please post its full specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 97 of 1,472 (5,682 Views)

Re: Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★ Novice

Thank you.  I did as you suggested and no longer have a problem.

Message 98 of 1,472 (6,967 Views)

Invisible Household Members/Broken Tiles

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens in regular game play.
What happens when the bug occurs? my household is invisible and plumbob are floor level, I also have rainbow "?" titles in random parts of my house and you see on roof of build in world.
What do you expect to see? my sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch that was released today 11/25/19

This happened after I downloaded patch and I have no CC/Modes.

Message 99 of 1,472 (7,062 Views)

Rainbow Question Marks

★ Novice

Since the new update today, all of my lots have rainbow question marks. Is there a way tot fix this?

Message 100 of 1,472 (5,601 Views)