Re: Sims Broken

by SnowsoulGamer

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks

@Abby_Microwave  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post for troubleshooting suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 61 of 1,472 (5,742 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SnowsoulGamer 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 62 of 1,472 (5,749 Views)

Re: Discover University CAS/Build Bug

Hero
@anib00 I merged this with the main thread although you don't seem to have the checkered Sims. It should be the same issue

Please try repairing your game through Origin.

Also, would it be ok, if I added your screenshot to the first post of this thread as well as a blog post I'm planning to make in my blog (not associated with EA)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 1,472 (5,729 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I have mods and I did take them out of my Mods folder but that sadly didn't change anything. I even turned off the mods inside my game but the skin and hair are still broken.

Message 64 of 1,472 (5,224 Views)

skin missing on all sim

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except MFPSP and RGSP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All the sims, played by me or randomized in the game, are missing their skin.
What happens when the bug occurs? They have white and red checkered skin.(The skin that appears when the game can't find a pattern)
What do you expect to see? I would like the normal skin colours back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the resent patch. I also added University, ROM and BNSP.

It first appeared in my normal save game after the new patch. I also tried creating a new sim but had the same issue. Going into "creat a sim" and trying to change the skin colour of an existing sim also doesn't work.

Message 65 of 1,472 (5,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SnowsoulGamer 

Did you save the game after first seeing this? If so that save is permanently damaged.. Start a new save to test with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 66 of 1,472 (5,205 Views)

Re: skin missing on all sim

Hero
@chillypopc762 Merged your post with master thread on the issue

Please right click on the game and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 1,472 (5,200 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

@SnowsoulGamer  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 68 of 1,472 (5,190 Views)

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PresDoesGaming I'm so happy to hear that! Thank you for letting us know, and happy simming! 

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 69 of 1,472 (4,795 Views)

Cc skin glitch

★ Novice

I recently downloaded some skin overlays and I went into my game and saw that nearly everybody had white and red skin, like whenever a cc item is broken. I deleted all the custom content I downloaded that day and I went back into the game and they were still the same. I'm not sure how to fix it, any help? 

Message 70 of 1,472 (5,107 Views)