Re: My sims 4 won’t work

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Red and white sims HELP!!!!

Hero

I linked instructions on the first post but here:

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 1,472 (8,948 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict omg it worked thank you so much
Message 32 of 1,472 (8,943 Views)

Hero
@KhaleesiKaty_xo Happy to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 1,472 (8,938 Views)

Base game CAS items bugged

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion except Cats&Dogs and Discover University; All game except Strangerville and Jungle Adventure; Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Luxury Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Comb through the base game (not from packs or cc) cas items. Many are bugged.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's skin will show black patches with question marks when you put base game items on it--if you stack on another bugged item it will become red and white with question marks
What do you expect to see? The sim should not have any patches or question marks on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Nov 12 2019 update I updated/took out all the mods I had.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion except Cats&Dogs and Discover University; All game except Strangerville and Jungle Adventure; Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Luxury Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Comb through the base game (not from packs or cc) cas items. Many are bugged.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's skin will show black patches with question marks when you put base game items on it--if you stack on another bugged item it will become red and white with question marks
What do you expect to see? The sim should not have any patches or question marks on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Nov 12 2019 update I updated/took out all the mods I had.

Message 34 of 1,472 (11,138 Views)

Re: Base game CAS items bugged

Hero
@springjuno I merged your post with master thread on this.

Could you please try all the suggestions on the first post.

Start by repairing your game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 1,472 (11,113 Views)

My sims 4 won’t work

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living Get famous Seasons Dogs and cats Island living Get to work Get together Dine out Moschino stuff Laundry day Toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I go onto sims all of my adult sims are red and white with question marks on them
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t see any clothes or hair etc only red and white squares fill their whole body
What do you expect to see? Normal clothes or hair
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Red and white squares appear all over their body with question marks on them

Message 36 of 1,472 (11,115 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My sims 4 won’t work

Hero
@bling-queen05 merged your post with the master thread on this.

Could you try right-clicking on the game in origin and hit repair game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 1,472 (11,095 Views)

Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? I have no idea
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can correct the screw up that the update created. I am not a programmer. I can't do a thing about it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any Sim I create since the update has totally white skin with a red mask. Legs and arms are white with red and black patches
What do you expect to see? Skin tone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 12 update

Additionally, since the Nov 12 update, the first two expansions no longer appear as worlds to build or visit.

The update took LITERALLY over 30 minutes to download.

Message 38 of 1,472 (12,066 Views)

Re: Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★★★★★ Newbie

After i updated mine i can't go into a game like when its goes into a household to play crash.

Message 39 of 1,472 (12,051 Views)

Re: Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin?

Message 40 of 1,472 (12,037 Views)