Re: Sims 4 expansion pack bugged.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

September Update Skin/Loading Issues

★ Novice

I just updated my game with the September Update and now all of a sudden when I go to play my game past the main menu, the loading screen after I click 'resume' takes forever. Even after the money sound and startup music, the screen still loads 15 minutes after. I just downloaded High School Years and I wanted to go to create a sim from the New Game button but I can't even do that. My sims don't have skins nor clothes because they're all unavailable. I tried this with and without mods enabled and it's the same issue. I can't even play my game at this point and contemplating getting my money back for the expansion pack I just downloaded.

Can someone please help?

Message 1381 of 1,472 (1,161 Views)

Re: September Update Skin/Loading Issues

Hero
@Ashidope I merged your post with the main thread for this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin/EA App and other suggestions listed on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1382 of 1,472 (1,120 Views)

★ Novice

I even tried deleting the cache, repairing and reinstalling both origin and the sims 4 but nothing is working. What do I do? My sims still have red and white checker and CAS will not show any content. There are question marks everywhere and I can’t play my game.

Message 1383 of 1,472 (1,083 Views)

@Ashidope  Did you try a factory reset (clean user folder)?  If not, please do so now: move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and see whether the new sims are affected.

If the new save is fine, copy over one save (but nothing else yet), and test that too.  Any custom content you normally use in that save will be missing, but that's not a problem—you're just experimenting on a copy of the save while the original is intact in the old Sims 4 folder.  If you still see the missing textures in the old save, but not in the new one, try changing the outfits and skins on the affected sims.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1384 of 1,472 (1,048 Views)

QUESTION MARK ON FLOOR/NO PAINT ON WALLS/SIMS FACES LOOK DIFFERENT AFTER PATCH

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except dream home, wedding stories, realm of magic, batu, strangerville, werewolves, fitness, knitting, garden, vintage glamor, and toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of floor tiles I have question marks on the ground of homes and apartments, no paint on my sims' walls (that were previously painted prior to the patch), and my sims all look abnormal. Their necks and larger and their chins are weirdly pointy or their mouths are flatter, they look nothing like how they look days prior to the update. Not to mention, since the last update I still have not been able to send teens to highschool. Everytime I click on the whiteboard it says "careers".
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims looking how I designed them and homes and apartments looking normal, and for the "go to class" option to be available when I click the whiteboard at the highschool
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to recent october patch

Since the recent patch, my game has become a complete freak show. Instead of floor tiles I have question marks on the ground, no paint on my sims' walls, and my sims all look abnormal. Their necks and larger and their chins are weirdly pointy or their mouths are flatter, they look nothing like how they look days prior to the update. Not to mention, since the last update I still have not been able to send teens to highschool. Everytime I click on the whiteboard it says "careers". I play with mods & cc, but they are all updated and have never caused this issue before. Really dissapointed with EA. It seems each update just makes my game worse and worse. 

Message 1385 of 1,472 (803 Views)

Re: QUESTION MARK ON FLOOR/NO PAINT ON WALLS/SIMS FACES LOOK DIFFERENT AFTER PAT

Hero
@littlemix1014 I merged your post with the main thread for this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin/EA App and other suggestions listed on the first page.

For the white board issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-Teens-don-t-attend-class-White-Board-shows-Career/td-p/116...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1386 of 1,472 (771 Views)

Sims 4 expansion pack bugged.

★★ Novice

So I downloaded the Get Together expansion pack last night and went to go use the built in wardrobes.

Took me no time at all to realize the entire pack was corrupt and not a single item worked correctly not even clothing. If I tried to use any clothing there would be a black red and white pattern on the sim with question marks all over it. When I try to place any build/buy items half of them don't even exist when I click on them to place them. If they do exist the texture is either super corrupt or when I try to place it it gives me an "object is missing it's footprint resource" | purchased it off of origin instead of steam so I could take advantage of the bundle offers, could that be the problem? I bought 3 packs in the bundle but this the only glitched one so I’m not sure. I already tried resetting, deleting, and clearing the cashe of origin and The Sims 4 both. Along with everything else you'd see on the internet, to no avail. I don't use CC/mods and I have never downloaded a single one, but the majority of posts just say to delete your CC and nothing else. PLEASE HELP.

Message 1387 of 1,472 (570 Views)
Highlighted

@DekaeWoobika  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.

And no, this didn't happen because you bought the game from Origin.

Message 1388 of 1,472 (550 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve tried everything above and then some for the last day. Nothing is solving this problem.

Message 1389 of 1,472 (542 Views)

@DekaeWoobika  Try going into the game's program files and deleting the data for Get Together.  The default install location is here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Inside that Sims 4 folder, delete the EP02 folder (Get Together was the second expansion released).  Then open the Delta folder inside the Sims 4 folder and delete EP02 there as well.  Clear Origin's cache (again) and repair the game (again).  Then download Get Together and see whether its items work now.

Message 1390 of 1,472 (533 Views)