All of my sims are in questions marks.

by smesa696

Original Post

Re: Can't Edit in Create A Sim

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I did try repairing it, yes. That didn't seem to make any difference.

Edit: Well, for some reason, trying that again did it. Maybe the first repair didn't go through or something. Thanks!

Message 1281 of 1,472 (4,527 Views)

basegame worlds don't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the recent update and don't see any of my base game worlds. Does anyone know what to do?
Thanks in advance

Message 1282 of 1,472 (4,500 Views)

Re: basegame worlds don't work

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1283 of 1,472 (4,490 Views)

Sims Broke After Update

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I'm relatively new to sims 4. The other day I downloaded the new update, but when I logged in all my sims had really weird coloring and question marks all over their face. Some resources on the internet said this happens with cc/mods, but I don't have any extra downloads. How do I make this problem go away?

Message 1284 of 1,472 (4,496 Views)

Re: Sims Broke After Update

★★ Novice

Hey; updates can cause all sorts of things to go wrong! Usually it's mods and CC that are the first things needing resolved.

First of all, make sure that you don't have ANY mods or CC in your game; take the folder out and keep it safe. 

Try repairing your game first; make a backup save file (back up your save and tray files)

Delete the localthumbcache.package file. Also clear your Cache folder; this is safe to do so.

Try reloading the game again.

If the worst comes to it, then you may have to do a complete uninstall - reinstall. I've had to do this a few times & it starts to run smoothly again!

If you use CC skin overlays, then they'll be broken. You will need to check back with the original creator of them to see if they've been updated. Not everyone is able to update their content right away so be patient and wait for the creator's update. then delete the original file and replace it with the new one. 

If it's do with clothes, shoes etc, then it's possibly a missing mesh. S4 Tray importer may help you to narrow down what the missing mesh is; where by you re-download the missing CC mesh, and then the item should re-appear normally in-game. (you'll need to save the broken sim to your library then load Tray importer, find the sim and it'll tell you what is/isn't installed on the sim)

If you exhaust all these options then I'm not sure what else to suggest :/ I'm only going by what has worked for me in the past!

Good luck

Message 1285 of 1,472 (4,472 Views)

All of my sims are in questions marks.

★★★ Newbie

idk if if it’s my mods or cc, but i updated them all and also tried repairing the game and restarting my sims 4 folder but my all of my sims, including townies and my created ones are covered in black and red plus questions mark. i really hope I’m not the only one with this problem, any solution??

Message 1286 of 1,472 (4,365 Views)

Re: All of my sims are in questions marks.

@smesa696  Please try the other suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1287 of 1,472 (4,332 Views)

Recently updated my game. Almost all my sims skins are broken?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Once I updated sims 4, almost all the sims are broken. I use mods but none of the modded items are broken, just the base game skins. It shows as a white and red checkered pattern.

EDIT: I tried removing mods and that didn't seem to work. So I repaired my game and that worked. Im not sure if my mods would still work or not but I resolved the issue.

Message 1288 of 1,472 (4,157 Views)

Broken Expansion Pack CAS Items

★ Novice

I just redownloaded the Sims 4, and I have a few expansion packs. All of my expansion pack CAS items look like broken cc, and I haven't gotten any mods or cc yet. How do I fix it?

Message 1289 of 1,472 (3,994 Views)

Re: Broken Expansion Pack CAS Items

Champion (Retired)

@_InsaneLove1_ 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1290 of 1,472 (3,975 Views)