Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

glitch

★★★ Newbie

my sims skins are white and re after update. also has question marks all over skin sims 4

Message 1251 of 1,472 (2,427 Views)

severe texture and animation bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seans, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work Game packs: outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, realm of magic Stuff Packs: cool kitchen, movie hangout, vintage glamour, toddler, laundry day, tiny living, nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it happens every time I log on. however, im not sure if it's something to do with the university expansion as my current game is set in university accommodation
What happens when the bug occurs? I log on and the floor is covered in multicoloured squares with question marks on them, all the sims (not just the ones in my household) were asleep and the bed animations were still happening with the sims stood in the beds T posing.I cant make them do anything sim faces and skin textures are really strange. the skin is extremely smoothed over, mouths are pointed, eyelashes are smudged and noses look like they have sharp edges and flat sides
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the correct textures on the floor and the sims functioning properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. began after the sims 4 21st birthday update

i tried disabling mods and its still happening

Message 1252 of 1,472 (2,477 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Characters not working (I took all my mods out and they still don't w

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks that helped !
Message 1253 of 1,472 (2,444 Views)

Re: severe texture and animation bug

Champion

Hi @alienxgemini !  That definitely looks like broken mod or CC.  Disabling mods might not help.  First make sure you have the most recent and updated mods.  Second, try moving your mods folder to your desktop then go into the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file.  After that repair your game by right-clicking the game in Origin and select repair.  Once the repair is complete for all packs, load your game and see if the problem is still there.  If things are working without mods / cc, you can test them using the 50/50 method; load half your mods / cc and see which half causes the issue, then load half of those and so on until you find the culprit.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 1254 of 1,472 (2,449 Views)

Sims are checkered with question marks.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Star Wars Journey to Batuu, StrangerVille, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, and Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Certain Sims of mine are checkered and have question marks on them. I have no custom content. I went on the game after updating it and they were like that. However, it is only 3 to 5 of my sims that are doing this.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to not have checkered skin or question marks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 1255 of 1,472 (2,466 Views)

Re: Sims are checkered with question marks.

★★★ Newbie

something similar happened to me, but it was the floor that had question marks and all my sims were T posing. I dont know when the last time you played was but I havnt played since before the 21st bday update and i think that's what caused it

Message 1256 of 1,472 (2,437 Views)

Re: severe texture and animation bug

★★★ Newbie

thank you! I'll try that Standard smile

Message 1257 of 1,472 (2,431 Views)

Re: Sims are checkered with question marks.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Toughstarfire

@alienxgemini 

I merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try a game repair and the other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1258 of 1,472 (2,433 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

@jansydsmom  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1259 of 1,472 (2,397 Views)

Just Updated and My Game is Messed Up

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Bowling Night, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Fitness, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day, Toddler, Moschino, and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Packs and expansion displays are glitched. When I try to create a new sim, their skin, eyes, and hair are composed of red and white checkered squares with question marks all over. I haven't gone further into the game to see if there's even more glitches because of risk of ruining my game. But there may be even more issues than that. None of these issues happened before this recent update of the game.
What do you expect to see? Expansions and pack displays to be shown in their entirety without glitches. Sims skin, hair, and eyes to be intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent Sims game update that introduced Kits.

All information has been provided above.

Message 1260 of 1,472 (2,236 Views)