The Sims 4 new update

by Layla298

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE] Patch Update endlessly looping

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

Origin alerted me of a new patch but after I update, the game just wants to update again like an endless loop.

Cause

Probably some other mess-up in Origin.

This issue now also seems to crop up with every patch and here's a few suggestions you can try. If none of these help, please post in this thread, stating your antivirus software and what you've tried.

Suggestions

1. Clear Origin Cache files
  2. Reinstall Origin (you will not loose your games by doing this)
  3. Right click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.
  4. Change the origin language and back
  5. Make sure your antivirus software is not blocking Origin from accessing the Sims files
  6. Disable Auto-Updates
  7. Run Origin as Administrator
  8. Download EA Desktop Beta and try to update through that instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 62 (3,363 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Thinks it needs update, EA fix your program

★★★ Newbie

Yeah,

I did the same thing too. It kept saying it needs an update. This happened after I bought the new expansion pack-Paranormal. I still can't play the game. It's ridiculous! I have tried everything. EA get your brains together and fix this! 

Message 1 of 62 (3,546 Views)
Highlighted

The Sims 4 new update

★ Novice

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched and couldn't find a thread. I've woken up today to an update needing doing on my Sims 4 game. I clicked update, origin did it's thing, said game was up to date, but the update button is still there and I can't play!

When I clicked on the desktop icon instead, it said the game needed updating and wouldn't play until it had been done. Went through the whole process again, same thing. I'm not overly technically minded, but this has me stumped. I've restarted my computer,  signed out and back in of origin, closed origin and started it again, all with the same results.

TIA

xx

Message 2 of 62 (3,397 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 new update

Hero (Retired)
@Layla298

1 Clear the Origin cache
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
2. Open Origin / My Game Library - right-click on the TS4 cover - option: Repair
After the repair, right-click on TS4 and select "check for updates"

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 62 (3,375 Views)

Latest Sims Update 25/2/20

★★★ Novice

I updated Sims 4 for the 25/2/20 update, the update finalised. It now keeps saying that I still need to update, I click update and it tells me my game is up to date, but then reverts back to "update" instead of "play". Have repeated this process several times. I can play "offline" but not online.

The attached screen shots are all I see, I see picture a, I click update, I see picture b, then back to picture a

Message 4 of 62 (3,391 Views)

Re: Latest Sims Update 25/2/20

Champion (Retired)

@Charlotte2409 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 62 (3,368 Views)

patch update has game not loading...

★★ Novice

Sims 4  I can't play the game... update message will not go away

Message 6 of 62 (3,385 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Thinks it needs update, EA fix your program

★★★ Newbie

Hello, how do you fix this please? After the update, I can't get the game to load anymore, it keeps going back to "sims 4 has an update" ?? Help please??

Message 7 of 62 (3,511 Views)

Re: patch update has game not loading...

Champion (Retired)

@BeckyB576 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 62 (3,369 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont launch from Origin

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 will not start up eigther. With me it it because the sims keeps asking to update. But i did that like 20 times by now.

tips somone. let me know

Message 9 of 62 (3,371 Views)