[RESOLVED] Kits/SP: Kit won't Download/wants to buy again/ Content Gone

by bananaemilk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[RESOLVED] Kits/SP: Kit won't Download/wants to buy again/ Content Gone

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Heya!

Just got off of web chat from EA, their support was awesome however it didn't work. I was wondering whether anybody here (EA official or not) could offer further support

as the webchat function is seemingly on cooldown (?).

The support suggested I:

- Log out

- Check the kit to download

- Clear cache

- Restart computer

I have done all of the above and my main account, which owns Sims 4, is shared (I'm currently on a personal one), I am fully up-to-date with the sims and origin is also fully updated.

My sister is having trouble on her computer with it too, it shows up in-game as owned but we can't download it because on origin it simply shows the price tag

rather than the download button.

I'm unsure what could cause this!! ):

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 210 (9,795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Kits/SP: Kit won't Download/wants to buy again/ Content Gone

Community Manager

Hi everyone!

The issue with the Kits should be fixed now. If you haven't yet had a chance to check, please see if you can download the Kits you purchased. They should now be available for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 187 of 210 (8,392 Views)

All Replies

Re: Kit won't Download!

Hero
@bananaemilk all the kits or a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 210 (9,749 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Only the "Country Kitchen" kit. We bought two of them, Bust the Dust and the one I mentioned before but Bust the Dust one downloaded perfectly fine!

Message 3 of 210 (9,741 Views)

Hero
@bananaemilk looks like there's an issue with that kit. I have the same on mine. I was able to download it a few days ago but now it says I have to re-buy it.

Could download https://www.ea.com/ea-desktop-beta and see if it works there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 210 (9,710 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I feel better knowing that it's not just my origin being mucky then! Thanks, I'll try and download EA Desktop to see if it fixes anything Standard smile
Message 5 of 210 (9,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Mini Update: Downloaded EA Desktop, says I can download the kit there however after I press it, it gives me an error that the action can't be completed.

Conclusion: it's on EA's side, not mine. Standard smile
Message 6 of 210 (9,699 Views)

Hero
@bananaemilk Thanks for testing.

Forwarded this to EA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 210 (9,687 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 8 of 210 (9,683 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @bananaemilk 

The team is looking into this.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 210 (9,468 Views)

Re: Purchased Sims 4 Kit shows I didn't purchase it

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Throwing a me too in here, I purchased all 3 Kits & the Country Kitchen Kit isn't showing I bought it even though I did & it can't be downloaded.  It's in my purchase history & Sims 4 Main Menu under Kits it says I own it.

Message 10 of 210 (9,058 Views)