[CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

by Rujubee123

Original Post

Re: [PC] Massive drop in FPS after installing Island Living - DxDiag.txt attache

Hero (Retired)
@astralislux

Install new Nvidia drivers for your graphics card. It looks like your computer is using standard Windows drivers.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Check is your Windows is up to date
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

There are some problems with your Windows system.
Try to fix it
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17590/automatically-diagnose-and-repair-windows-file-and-fo...
By the way.
Could you check also that this problem will still there if you during playing the game completely disconnect the Internet?
Problem low frame rates when a computer is connecting to the Internet was reported many times.

I don't work for EA
Message 71 of 213 (1,903 Views)

Re: [PC] Massive drop in FPS after installing Island Living - DxDiag.txt attache

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I updated the Nvidia driver. It was not very old. And my Windows 10 is up-to-date.

But my game is still choppy and unplayable.

I will test being unconnected. What about going to offline mode instead? Is that sufficient?

UPDATE 1: Wow, going to offline mode has made a tremendous impact! I'm not sure it's 100 percent solved, but it's so much smoother.

UPDATE 2: It's better but not much and still unplayable. Even the loading EA and Maxis intro graphics lag.

Thoughts?

Message 72 of 213 (1,896 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@astralislux

You have to try now the option to disconnect from the internet completely. If your switch to offline mode in Origin changed it a bit then disconnection from the internet should remove this error
Message 73 of 213 (1,846 Views)

Re: sims 4 incredibly low fps

★★★★★ Novice

Any update on this? Really wanna play new xpac but can't cause of fps unless disconnected completely from internet =/

Message 74 of 213 (1,815 Views)

★★★ Novice

That was it! 

Is there any way to fix this permanently? I've never had this problem until this pack was installed. I'd like to still be connected to the internet while playing.

Message 75 of 213 (1,825 Views)

Hero
@astralislux Merged your post with the master thread on the issue.

Could you answer the questions @SimQARobo asked in the solution post of this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 213 (1,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello everybody, hello  @SimQARobo,

I also have the same problem like many others here described. After a long research I decided to open another thread on the German EA Answers HQ, because nothing I have done already changed my situation. @crinrict already helped me a lot and Sims 4 is now working better, if the internet connection is detached. Yesterday he requested, whether I could answer the questions @SimQARobo asked and provide my data here for further studies. In the following you can find my answers and the latest DxDiag file.
I bought the Origin Digital Deluxe Edition and play with the Cats&Dogs and the Vampire expansion (idk the correct term in English), if this is relevant.

• Do you use a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

I am using an Ethernet connection.

• How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder?

30 mods were installed before sharing my problem, meanwhile I delete all of them. But a long time before the lags came up I already had mods and everything worked without problems.

• How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache folder?

The folder is empty while playing and while not.

• How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder?

292 files staying in the Tray folder and they are using 11,5MB memory.

Yes I will.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IVUkjGbd5oBbWP3LNxuM9GtRSjol1Qab

I hope the information provided can take part in solving the problem in the near future. Cannot playing Sims as one of my favourite games correctly and smooth is not easy.

Kind regards

Bauaar / Lukas

Message 77 of 213 (1,691 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Bauaar 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 78 of 213 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Weird issue... I can completely isolate my computer from the internet and the game works fine, and immediately drops to 1 fps as soon as i put my Ethernet back in. Same problem in safe mode with networking enabled.

Anyway...

• Do you use a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection? Ethernet.
  • How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder? No mods, just the resource.cfg
  • How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache folder? Empty
  • How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder? Empty
  • Would you be willing to share your saves? I don't have any, only just installed the game

Not sure if it would help any, but I probably should also mention i have only the base game, no DLC or packs or anything. Not even the free stuff or mods, completely stock, freshly installed, brand new copy of Sims 4.

Thanks, good luck

Message 79 of 213 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also want to mention something else real quick;

Ethernet is a recurring element in this thread, and might have something to do with the issue.

For the sake of investigation, i downloaded and installed the sims onto my laptop, which connects via WiFi, and i have absolutely no problems with it.

My laptop, mind you, is no gaming powerhouse, but the game ran fine, or at least, didn't have the same symptoms as my desktop with Ethernet.

Hope that helps. I'll grab a WiFi adapter sometime and see if the issue persists on my PC to see if that narrows down the problem.

Really weird issue, never seen something happen like this on any game before.

Message 80 of 213 (1,586 Views)