[CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

by Rujubee123

Original Post

Re: sims 4 incredibly low fps

★★★ Novice

Nothing to do with harddrive i know because i have over a tb of space yet i can sit here and run fallout 4 VR ( yes you heard) so this is not a pc issue it is the actual game causing the problems yet fallout 4 worst game ever IN VR Obviously running on a top notch gaming computer and yet here we still have the same problem with fps for the sims 4 like we did and have done for near on now 3 years . This is not a pc issue if it was I think id know this is a game issue and after the platform update well * we end up with bluescreen okay yeah they did sort that when they could be ahhem ..... arsed but to constantly rip people of like this is surely against consumer rights correct me if I'm wrong I'm so done with sims 4 if I can sit here gladly play fallout 4 VR

Considering we all know that fallout four runs complete and utter * even in normal controller /monitor. Yet I dont have a problem in vr version of Fallout 4 yet sims 4 quote supposedly to be able to work on lower end machines  still has this issue after 6-7 years wow errrm anyone seeing a pattern here with ea lool this company are a joke they rip people off take their money charge 35 quid a pack then dont bother to do nothing about it and they just let people who've payed 35 quid a pack suffer for two weeks when ea decide they want to get their fingers out their arses nooooo not ea they just sit there an wait for two weeks while the cash roles in and everyone ends up with a 35 quid game they can not play whoot wtg ea lool its not  pc problems its lazy * volunteers their  now recruited because it costs them less and no wonder two of the most popular gurus left 3-4 weeks ago hmmm whys that then because they know the game has gone to * since origin.

Message 171 of 213 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

This seriously still hasn't been fixed?

Message 172 of 213 (1,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@nrtmv2Sadly not. I reinstalled my Sims 4 last evening and wanted to play now. Playing on a 2k resolution on mid to high with 144fps but i only get 15 to 30 fps.
What i can suggest is: Update all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from 2015 to the current build 2019 ( https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads ) and DirectX is getting updated by Windows 10 itself. So no worries about that. ( https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/179113/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx )

Im playing The Sims since Sims 3 and i can not believe that those issues still exist :D

EDIT: So i deleted everything that was related with Sims. I updated BIOS, Graphics driver, Mc Visual C++ Redist and reinstalled The Sims 4 again. Now i get to ~70 to 80 FPS. The game was released 2014.. im not happy. 

Message 173 of 213 (1,402 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

★★ Apprentice

Me too, I have a ryzen 2600, GTX 1070ti, and I still get 1 fps. 

WE PAID 600$ USD, and EA CAN'T fix it !!!!

Please EA fix it.

I try EVERYTING

Message 174 of 213 (1,311 Views)

@brubruQC1998  Does this only happen when your computer is connected to the internet, or do you also get low fps with no connection?  If the problem only happens with an internet connection, you could try these steps:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

It may also help to use CCleaner (perhaps more than once) to clean out temp internet files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 175 of 213 (1,292 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 176 of 213 (1,247 Views)

@brubruQC1998  Then unfortunately you may need to play with no internet connection.  I don't know of another way to solve this issue.

Message 177 of 213 (1,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 178 of 213 (1,097 Views)

★★ Guide
@MidnightVoid I have the exact same issues!
Message 179 of 213 (1,059 Views)

@MidnightVoid  What events are triggering the fps drop?  The game itself does get overloaded at times, on any hardware, and there's not much to be done from the user end.  For example, when NAP voting closes, buffs have to be applied to or removed from all sims in each neighborhood that gained or lost an action plan, and the game engine sort of grinds to a halt as it's doing this processing.

It would be interesting though to see whether your framerates fluctuated as much in a new save, just for comparison.  If you have time to test, please let me know what you see.

It would also be helpful to have a dxdiag to associate with your report.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 180 of 213 (1,736 Views)