Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 181 of 213 (1,917 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MidnightVoid  Sure, you can upload your dxdiag somewhere and send me a link.  If you don't mind, I'll send it on (again privately) to the EA people who I reported this issue to; let me know if that's not okay.

I haven't tested the new pack yet, but I'll be sure to check whether the lights flickering or other new features cause the same fps drop on my computer.  I can see how it would, although it would be nice if the game were programmed to handle that kind of thing more smoothly.

I'm guessing this particular manifestation is independent of whether you have an internet connection, but again, if you have time to test, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 182 of 213 (1,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 183 of 213 (1,874 Views)

@MidnightVoid  Could you post the section of graphicsrules you changed with the edits you made?  I'm guessing some of the other people in this thread would want to try the same thing.  And it's also useful info in general.

Message 184 of 213 (1,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 185 of 213 (1,861 Views)

@MidnightVoid  That's very helpful, thanks.  I've passed around the info so others will be aware, and I'll link this post if and when I see someone else with the same problem.

It's fine to post the edits you've made and even sections of the contents of graphicsrules here.  The only problem would be if you uploaded the file itself, since it's technically a program file.  But describing how to edit it is perfectly reasonable.

In case you're not aware, a game update or an Origin repair will revert graphicsrules to its default text.  So rather than having to reapply the edits after each patch, you may want to place a copy of your edited file in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ConfigOverride.  The .sgr file(s) in this folder will override the one(s) in program files and won't be replaced after a patch.

Message 186 of 213 (1,835 Views)

★★ Guide
@MidnightVoid This does not work for me, unfortunately.
Message 187 of 213 (1,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 188 of 213 (1,724 Views)

★★ Guide
@MidnightVoid I did. I play on the highest settings, so I changed accordingly. But the game still has FPS drops.... sometimes clicking the ... doesn't even work. Neither does going into World mode. It's crazy how this problem has been around for SO long and EA hasn't bothered to do anything. But they ARE throwing out packs like it's nothing. Starting to look like a cash grab for me.
Message 189 of 213 (3,089 Views)

@JeanVW  The issue @MidnightVoid reported sounds somewhat different than yours, which is different still than the always low fps when connected to the internet that other players report.  So I'm not surprised that this particular workaround didn't help you, although it was of course worth trying.  Part of the problem is that low framerates can have so many different causes, many of which are certainly or probably issues with the user's hardware or software and not the game per se.  It can be difficult to disentangle all the different causes, much less address all of them separately.

Message 190 of 213 (3,079 Views)