[CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

by Rujubee123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I used to be able to play Sims 4 normally with high FPS, but ever since the first-person camera update, the Sims 4 has been running so slow I cannot play it normally. I have tried many many ways to fix this, but none have successfully restored my fps. I attached my dxdiag.

Message 7 of 213 (43,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Running very laggy

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

@Zenguin15823 @Lightningstar01  @Dregnos 

Unfortunately the team has not been able to reproduce this yet.

Some questions:

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 64 of 213 (45,073 Views)

All Replies

Low FPS when connected to Internet

★ Apprentice

When connected to the internet, even if nothing else is running, the fps in a couple of games I wanted to play is consistently low at <10 fps, dropping down to 1 fps for a couple of seconds every ~20-30 seconds it seems.

If I disconnect from the internet or disable the network adapter(s) (Ethernet / WiFi) then my fps instantly shoots up to what it should be.

Some googling seems to suggest it's either an old Windows 10 update and/or a Nvidia issue (though I don't see how or why an active internet connection would * my fps so drastically) but no solution appears to be around.

I've disabled and re-enabled all the online access and user data options, etc, in combination with other Windows 10 and Nvidia options. Nothing works. Frown

Any ideas as to how/why this happens?

Message 1 of 213 (42,731 Views)

Re: Low FPS when connected to Internet

Champion (Retired)

Try to disable Origin in game and see if it works. also if you have the discord app try shutting that down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 213 (42,722 Views)

★ Apprentice
Unfortunately it doesn't help. It's likely some strange interaction with Windows 10 and games that contact a server in a particular manner - Dragon's Dogma and The Sims 4 both suffer from this issue, whilst other games like Pillars of Eternity and League of Legends work perfectly fine.
Message 3 of 213 (42,710 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have Geforce Experience installed? There is an issue with this sometimes causing this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 213 (42,709 Views)

★ Apprentice
I did indeed, however after uninstalling it, restarting and combining it with other potential solutions (game options, origin settings, windows 10 settings) it still has not resolved the issue. Only going offline or disabling the network adapter works still.
Very strange~
Message 5 of 213 (42,690 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Very strange indeed.

Message 6 of 213 (42,685 Views)

Re: sims 4 incredibly low fps

★★ Novice

Same issue. I never had an issue till now. Can play any game that out on Ultra but sims 4 wont go over 36 fps. Never had an issue with the Sims until now

Message 8 of 213 (43,361 Views)

@LT_Gavin 

Could you post a DxDiag? This gives us a bit more information into your system and what is going on.
Feel free to delete any personal information like the 'machine name'. You can attach the DxDiag to your next reply in this post.
You can read about how to gather your DxDiag over here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 213 (43,349 Views)

Hero

HI @Rujubee123 

your hard drive space on c is running a bit low. You might wanna keep an eye on that.

There's been a few people reporting low fps when they were connected to the Interent or when running discord in the background.

Could you try if it makes any difference if you play offline ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 213 (43,337 Views)