Re: I need some help! Lag fix needed

by OrignVast

Original Post

Re: [PC] Massive drop in FPS after installing Island Living - DxDiag.txt attache

@alexpowell96  There's nothing that jumps out in your dxdiag, other than a possibly slightly old graphics driver (I don't know whether to read the date as May 9 or September 5).  You can try a clean boot to see whether it helps:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

If that doesn't help though, you might just be one of a number of people whose fps drops can't yet be explained.  It would help a lot if you could provide a bit of information for the EA Sims team, as listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

If and when you post back, please tag SimQARobo (if you hit reply on the above post, the screenname should be the first one that pops up after you type an @) in your reply.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 91 of 213 (1,829 Views)

Re: Game Running very laggy

★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo 

Assuming the issue is still being looked into...

One of the recent updates to The Sims / Windows 10 / Graphics Card, has actually boosted the fps I get from 8-10 in the main menu to a fairly steady but still terrible 20. Though it's still unplayable past that point.

I'm using an Ethernet connected PC, hooked directly up to a Virgin Media HUB 3.0, though I can connect through WiFi as well but the problem remains. When I'm connected through one method, the other device is disabled.

There's 1 file in Mods folder - Resource.cfg, 0 files in the other folders. No saves to post since doing a complete wipe and reinstall.

I've attached a fresh DxDiag.

Message 92 of 213 (1,811 Views)

EA Sims Team

@AlfieSkytower 

Thank you for the additional information.  Unfortunately the team has not been able to reproduce this yet, but It's still under investigation.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 93 of 213 (1,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've played The Sims 4 ever since "Get to work" came out and it ran perfectly fine. I stopped playing shortly after I picked up "Seasons" and once I came back I couldn't get my FPS higher then 10-15 FPS. I've reinstalled Origin, Sims 4 and DLC. I changed my root file location from C to D as I was running low on space in my C. Both drives have more then enough space for Windows to create temp files, and when I'm running the game my PC is far from taxed.

If any additional info is needed feel free to ask for it.

Do you use a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

Ethernet

How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder?

None

How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache folder?

None

How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder?

None

Would you be willing to share your saves?

I deleted my save file before I reinstalled

Message 94 of 213 (1,695 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Gaussly

I don't see any serious problems on your computer. You had some trouble turning on other games but there is no system error report.

Go to the graphic options in the game, see if you have vertical sync enabled, if not turn it on and restart the game. After enabling this option, the game should hold 60 FPS permanently. Theoretically...

If it will not work disable internet completely when you are in the game.
Unplug the cable, turn off your modem and try without.

Another reason - the overheating CPU. Clean your computer from dusk with air.

I don't work for EA

Message 95 of 213 (1,669 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding to my post.

Turning on V-sync did nothing to change anything. It didn't matter what I changed anything to, it would stay at 14 FPS.

Once I turned off my internet connection it jumped up to 60 FPS and dipped back down to 14 FPS when re-enabled.

I popped open a side panel on my tower, there's a bit of dust in there but the fans still rotate fine. I'll be picking something up tomorrow to properly clean it out.

Message 96 of 213 (1,661 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue after trawling the internet for hours

Do you use a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

Ethernet

How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder?

25 (I still have the issue with 0)

How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache folder?

That folder doesn't exist

How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder?

Would you be willing to share your saves?

My save is a completely fresh household in Glimmerbrook, nothing special

Message 97 of 213 (1,533 Views)

I need some help! Lag fix needed

★★★ Novice

Hey there.

I need some help. When I have my internet turned on on my pc I have massive lag (max 5 fps) when I turn my internet of I have normal fps of 180.

but I use the gallary pretty often. is there a lag fix that I can use to keep my internet connection on?

I tried most things. running it on 32bit, windowed.

dxdiag is added.

Message 98 of 213 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Do you have lots of Mods installed if so that could be the reason that your game is lagging? It could also be that your internet is not fast. Do you have an Ethernet cable running directly into your computer?

Hope this helped Standard smile

Message 99 of 213 (1,460 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Honeypie1304

Have a look here. EA is still asking for saves from players who have this issue
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

I don't work for EA
Message 100 of 213 (1,433 Views)