Re: [PC] Massive drop in FPS after installing Island Living - DxDiag.txt attache

by alexpowell96

Original Post

Re: [PC] Massive drop in FPS after installing Island Living - DxDiag.txt attache

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue! As soon as I disconnect my Ethernet cable, my FPS goes from 20-30 to 130+.

0 mods installed, Windows 10 64-bit, latest drivers and updates.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 81 of 213 (1,561 Views)

Hero
@lukewood42 Could you please provide the info asked in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int... ?

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 213 (1,536 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Small info on this issue 

Check if your Windows is up to date
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update
and get at least KB4505903 update  which fixes the low frame rate problem caused by the system in some games

Message 83 of 213 (1,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict sure!

• Do you use a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?
    • Ethernet connection
  • How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder?
    • One, which is Resource.cfg
  • How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\cache folder?
    • Zero
  • How many files are in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder?
    • Zero

I'm also updating my version of Windows 10 right now so I'll edit this post if that fixes the issue!

EDIT: Updating Windows 10 didn't have any impact

Message 84 of 213 (1,514 Views)

Hero
@lukewood42 Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 213 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Was there a fix for this issue? I'm having a similar problem. I'm running a completely fresh install, i hadn't played the game since it was initially released. I'm getting 1fps in the menu on low settings at any resolution. I'm on the internet via Wifi. I've disabled origin Ingame, I've shut down all the processes for discord. I have updated windows 10 and i'm updating Nvidia drivers as we speak. And to be clear, i don't own -any- expansion packs or stuff packs for The Sims 4. Not a single one. The only one installed is the holiday free stuff pack. 

Message 86 of 213 (1,422 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'd love to know if there's any fix, cause I'm still getting the issue.

Message 87 of 213 (1,295 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I am having the same issue as this, no matter what I try even after reinstalling the game and emptying cache files etc it's running in incredibly low FPS when connected to the internet, if you find a fix for this could you let me know?

Message 88 of 213 (1,194 Views)

@alexpowell96  Have you tried playing while your computer is completely offline?  Sign into Origin, put it in offline mode, and then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

If that doesn't help, please close out any background apps you have running while you play.  This includes tools like MSI Afterburner that monitor hardware stats.

If these steps don't work, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.  I might split your comments into their own thread if it turns out you have a separate issue.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 89 of 213 (1,171 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, the game runs completely fine without the internet connection, that's how I've been playing it but its been months now and i'm fed up of only being able to play properly offline. I don't usually have anything running in the background as there is literally nothing other than sims 4 on my pc, but I have checked and its only ever origin running.

I have run the dxdiag and attached it. Not sure what else to do :-(

Thank you for your help so far, really appreciate it.

Message 90 of 213 (1,145 Views)