Re: Low FPS when connected to Internet

by Fizzyvimto21

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@AlfieSkytower Thanks for the insight, i still stand by it being a DRM issue. Or an intergration within windows 10, bottom line it is an optimization problem not a user problem, this should be fixed by the devs. Even if it lands on the table of the user to correct this with the horrendous customer support by EA it makes it unbearable. I would of been happy to buy DLC's as i have done for sims 3 and sims 2. But the lack of care, lies and lack of being able to go off script ruins the support they even offer. Im not sure why they even have a customer services perhaps a legal requirement. I have heard of horror stories of their support but first hand is really really bad. 

Again with a clean boot is just not ideal for one game. 

I will check again in the future to see if it has been resolved but for now... i guess ill play something else.

Message 51 of 213 (2,009 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Fizzyvimto21 The reference to 2Tb would be for two 1Tb drive in a raid configuration which would give you a performance boost at a cheaper cost then a large ssd device. An under rated or flaky power supply sometimes give miss leading symptoms and should be checked and eliminated as a cause. Right now you have 144.1Gb free space on the ssd. This free space is parsed out by the memory management part of the operating system. This is very complicated and I doubt even the authors don't know how it works anymore. Without anything else you have 21.151Gb for a page file. 144.1Gb minus 21.151 equals 123.249Gb left free. I don't think the page file is big enough. But increasing the page file will decrease the amount of free space on the system device which I think is also to small. You also have to consider the game does some post video device video processing which is done in software. High cpu usage can affect performance. As more and more data is pushed to virtual memory (page file) performance will take a hit. I do not build any gaming machine with less then a 500Gb drive. I usually put a 1Tb drive (WD black) in my gaming rigs. If memory serves me right the page file has to be contigous. This isn't going to matter anymore as a ssd does not have head settling time. I think I mentioned Windows update that downloads updates in the background. I noticed a performance hit during those downloads. Another thing i notice is your using Windows 10 version 1809. There are many thoughts about this version and Microsoft doesn't even have a definitive answer yet. Microsoft doesn't know if to skip 1809 or make users get 1809 however briefly. I don't have the Windows 1809 update and I don't have a small ssd and my game runs without issues.

Here's what I just found - KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues. This issue was resolved by KB4489889. My response hmmmm = I'll wait and see.

Message 52 of 213 (2,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@roberta591 "There are many thoughts about this version and Microsoft doesn't even have a definitive answer yet. Microsoft doesn't know if to skip 1809 or make users get 1809 however briefly. I don't have the Windows 1809 update and I don't have a small ssd and my game runs without issues." - good for you however it is not the cause of the problem. if it i was i would experience this problem in other games which i do not.

"The reference to 2Tb would be for two 1Tb drive in a raid configuration which would give you a performance boost at a cheaper cost then a large ssd device." - off topic however 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-MX500-CT2000MX500SSD1-Internal-NAND/dp/B078C515QL/ref=sr_1_3?keywor...

1TB £115.30

2TB £193.98 /2 =  96.99 for 1TB.

"This is very complicated and I doubt even the authors don't know how it works anymore." - The person who made it does not know how it operates... sure, got a source or is this a trust me bro quote?

"An under rated or flaky power supply sometimes give miss leading symptoms and should be checked and eliminated as a cause." - This would make sense if it affected every game not just one.

your whole point makes sense if it was affecting more than one title. The fact the game runs fine at 60FPS on ultra negates your whole point. The problem is the connection to the internet that is causing the issue. Making this a networking issue not a hardware issue. I'm fine with my hardware and have no intention of updating it yet.

Again. This is NOT a hard ware Issue.

Message 53 of 213 (2,003 Views)

Hero

There's similar thread here that's moniotored by the gurus: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-4-incredibly-low-fps/td-p/7605094

Maybe you could post the information asked by QA there in that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 213 (1,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has by all rights died, i have supplied the infomation to QA however any follow up has died. By the sounds of it there is no way for them to replicate the fault. 

Message 55 of 213 (1,942 Views)

Sims 4 lags while online.

★ Novice

I am experiencing all of the problems described in this thread. When my computer is unplugged from the internet, Sims runs perfectly fine, but otherwise it runs at insanely low fps.

Message 56 of 213 (2,058 Views)

Re: Sims 4 lags while online.

Champion (Retired)

@Zenguin15823 

Your posting was moved to the existing thread on this issue. It is best to keep it in one thread so it is easier to track how many have the issue and so all can see if a solution is posted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 57 of 213 (2,019 Views)

Sims 4 lagging when connected to internet

★★★ Newbie

I got sims 4 not too long ago, I've had some good fun with the game.

However ever since I've installed the game I've had a consist issue.

If my PC is connected to the internet in ANY way the game lags to the point it becomes unplayable

This includes if the game or origin are offline

The issues is solved if i disconnect my PC entirely from the internet however it reoccurs the second i connect

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Message 58 of 213 (1,931 Views)

Re: Sims 4 lagging when connected to internet

Hero (Retired)
@ChairmanCody

Have a look here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Internet/m-p/7579549#
There is no solution to this problem today. However, one person managed to get rid of this trouble, but this did not apply to sims only another game. But the problem was the same. This person changed the internet provider and the problem disappeared.

I don't work for EA
Message 59 of 213 (1,923 Views)

Re: Sims 4 lagging when connected to internet

Hero

@ChairmanCody 

I merged your post with the thread @kreatora mentioned.

Could you provide the info asked by the QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 213 (1,893 Views)