Re: Hey guys, Sims 4 has started to lag really bad and I can't figure out why.

by Steeeeve443

Original Post

Re: Game Running very laggy

★ Novice

Thanks for the reply!

I have disabled all the internet options in game. It still didn't help much.

Here is the txt file if that helps

Message 31 of 213 (4,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@vLionMagnusv 

Turn off your internet connection completely and try without it to test.

Another problem I can see is the small amount of free space on drive C. Windows creates Temporary files there and it can take a lot of space. More than you have there.
Maybe try to move Sims4 Document file to drive D.
How to do this? Have a look here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Moving-Sims-4-Document-files-to-another-hard-drive/m-p...
The recipe is for TS2 but as you can see it works for TS4 too.

Message 32 of 213 (4,125 Views)

★ Novice

It worked! Thank you so much for this. The game is running smooth after I disconnected my internet. That's so odd. I guess I'll just have to disconnect every time I play sims

Message 33 of 213 (4,096 Views)

Hero

Hi @vLionMagnusv 

I merged your post with the exiting threads on lags while online which is monitored by QA.

Could you answer the questions @SimGuruNick  and @SimQARobo have asked in this thread ?

Do you have any program running that's not running when you have no Internet that could cause the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 213 (4,080 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello again.

We would like to collect save files if this issue is still occurring.  If you're willing to share them, please send me a private message with the files. 

Instructions here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Tagging @vLionMagnusv  @Rujubee123  @Mehmetkirazoglu @Monocricket @LT_Gavin 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 35 of 213 (4,066 Views)

Hey guys, Sims 4 has started to lag really bad and I can't figure out why.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey guys, Sims 4 has started to lag really bad and I can't figure out why. I was able to run it perfectly before.

I have already done all of the basic stuff such as deleting mods and cache files. I have tried lowering setting in the game and have even reinstalled the game twice. 

Any other suggestions? 

Message 36 of 213 (4,006 Views)

Hero

Hi @Steeeeve443 

On which drive do you have the game and your user files installed ?

Your c drive is starting to get a bit low in space so if you have your doc folder still on c, it could be helpful to move it over to a different drive: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

Other than that, there's a few users reporting that they have lags while the internet connection is on and turning it off makes it go away. It's unclear at this point what exactly causes this but could you (for testing purposes) cut your Internet and then try play the game to see how that goes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 213 (4,120 Views)

★ Novice

Right now I have Sims 4 installed on my hard drive (the d drive), but originally I had it installed on the solid state drive (the c drive).

Wow, cutting off the Wifi actually fixed it. I would like to know what causes this.

Message 38 of 213 (4,109 Views)

Hero

Hi @Steeeeve443 

I merged your post with the thread that's currently monitored by QA.

There's some questions by @SimQARobo and @SimGuruNick 

Could you provide that info as well as your save game ?

Specs would be good and could you also try a clean boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Do you have anything running in the back like Discord ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 213 (4,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Much to my chagrin, blocking the net won't help me.  I started Sims 4 off the net and have kept it that way.  I do have a handle on why mine is so slow (1 fps).  The character I am playing at the moment is a lothario.  He has 17 children from three different women.  The children, in turn, have children.  Keeping my own family tree has shown me just how much data stacks up after two generations!  I figure I'm data heavy.  I just don't know how to fix it.

Of course I can start a new game.  The data is scarce so the frame rate is around 80.  I can live with that.  Meanwhile my gigolo isn't getting his giggie down!  How do I fix the problem?

Message 40 of 213 (3,980 Views)