Original Post

Re: sims 4 incredibly low fps

★★★★ Novice
Playing offline or closing all of my other applications didn't change anything
Message 11 of 213 (6,371 Views)

Hero

Hi @Rujubee123 

Could you try a clean boot as described here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ ?

Did you put Origin in offline mode or cut the connection ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 213 (6,361 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Originally I had just put Origin in offline mode, but disabling my ethernet and Wi-Fi connection made the game run smoothly again. It's better than nothing, but I would like to enjoy content from the gallery. Is there any further fix to this?
Message 13 of 213 (6,323 Views)

Hero
So it's something about your connection making the game lag. You're not the first to have this issue.

Are you playing any online games and do you have any issues with those ?

Could you try rebooting your router ?

We're venturing into territory I'm really bad at helping with so let me do some research first before getting back to you (also it's getting a bit late here).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 213 (6,320 Views)

Hero

Hi @Rujubee123 

are you using an Lan or a WLan connection ? If you have both, could you test if it makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 213 (6,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@LT_Gavin Does disconnecting the internet on your computer make the game run smoother as well?

@Rujubee123 Could you share videos of the game performance with the internet connection versus without it?

Instructions on how to send files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: Also, for both of you, do you have the "Share Usage Data" box enabled in the Game Options > Other section?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 213 (6,259 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been running a sub-10 fps for awhile. Disabling my ethernet makes it jump back up to 100+fps.... 

Is that the solution or is there a way to not have to live in the stoneage while playing Sims? 

Message 17 of 213 (5,749 Views)

Hero

Hi @Monocricket 

could you share the info @SimQARobo  asked (if you haven'd done so)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 213 (5,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having trouble with my video editing software, I was hoping to shrink the size of the file and cut it up but...

Here's a google drive link. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ck4a5CdhuLwSVBBBG_ME0oaKukr3ci_o

Message 19 of 213 (5,734 Views)

Hero
Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 213 (5,729 Views)