Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Gallery Won't Allow Me To Remove Uploads

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration, and Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt uploading something to the Gallery and try removing it, I suppose. May not work for everyone. But it is happening to me with multiple uploads, not just one. Only in the last 3 days.
What happens when the bug occurs? For the past few days nothing I have previously uploaded to the Gallery can be removed from the Gallery.
What do you expect to see? Creators should be able to go back to removing their builds from the Gallery as usual
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it may have been the one last week as this bug began suddenly

Hey there,

For the past few days nothing I have previously uploaded to the Gallery can be removed from the Gallery.

I know this is not a user error as I have used it extensively for a long time.

I have tried deleting it from my library and removing it from the gallery many, many times over the last 2 days.

Please help?

(I think it was patched recently, not totally sure? Could be related?)

Needs to stop accidentally uploading to the gallery when not yet finished,

- ETTESims

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 67 (7,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shard Items

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@NirWiz95

If you do not see in your directory the items you sent to the Gallery, you should do a factory reset of your game folder.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...
I had the same problem
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/My-profile-in-the-gallery-suffers-from-partial-blindne...

About deleted items

I had this problem twice with deleted objects from the Gallery, In the first case, it took 10 days for the Gallery to understand that the object was removed, In the second case only three days. But it will be removed.

View in thread

Message 64 of 67 (3,138 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Gallery Won't Allow Me To Remove Uploads

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same issue since yesterday with a specific build I uploaded. Thought it were my connection issues, but it persists today. I think it happened when I uploaded an (unfinished) lot, overwrote it in my library with a more recent version, and tried to delete it from the gallery after overwriting it. This used to work before the patch of 16th of january 2020. 

/I tried to re-download the lot and then remove it from the gallery, but that doesn't make a difference

Edit to add: I can still remove my builds from the gallery that are in my library. For me, only the deleted in library or updated in library lots can't be deleted from the gallery. 

Message 2 of 67 (7,790 Views)

Re: The Gallery Won't Allow Me To Remove Uploads

★★ Apprentice

I posted a video capture to show you exactly what's going on here:

https://youtu.be/7UVIfsYF6wA

Message 3 of 67 (7,784 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Gallery Won't Allow Me To Remove Uploads

★★ Apprentice
@EtteSims
UPDATE: Next day, still same issue.

Worth noting:
- I decided to test out if the same bug occurs when trying to remove older uploads. Exact same deal.
- Since the "uploaded to gallery" cloud icon doesn't appear on the unwanted lots when viewing from the library, I did an experiment viewing my Gallery in-browser instead of in-game. (https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&...) The lots I have been trying to remove are still live on my online gallery, so clearly they are not removed, but they don't show as being uploaded from within my library. Sorry if this is long but the devs will know what I mean Wink
Love you & appreciate you all, please solve this bug for me ♥♥ I'm a little trigger happy on the upload button and I have learned my lesson. :P
xx,
-EtteSims
Message 4 of 67 (7,682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same issue !!!! please someone help! 

Message 5 of 67 (7,674 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m currently having the same issue! I uploaded a lot to the gallery before realising I needed to edit it so deleted it, and re uploaded the new version. Cannot delete either from the gallery! Each time I refresh my page they are back! I must have clicked remove from gallery and added it back to the library and tried deleting again about 100 times!

its really frustrating!! Hope it’s fixed soon. I want to upload the fully finished version but I don’t want 3 of the same looking lot uploaded on my profile!

Message 6 of 67 (7,621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found no solution to this either as of now... Thought this was only an issue with my PS4 when they implemented the gallery for us console users. The item I’m trying to delete is a lot, and I tested it now, and here’s my experience:

I could go in the Gallery, find my lot that I want to delete, hit “remove lot from gallery,” switch to my profile and switch back and it would reappear.

Same happens with the “view profile” page. I can delete it from my catalogue, but that doesn’t remove it from my “view profile“ page nor from the gallery, and when I close the gallery, open it up and look at my catalogue again, it reappears. 

I guess cheesing the bug by deleting it in other tabs doesn’t work. Just hope it’s fixed soon!

Message 7 of 67 (7,601 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue as well. Thought it was my mods, but I removed them all and still have the problem. I followed a step-by-step to clear my library and reset the game, but the gallery still won't let me remove content. I even tried removing all files and repairing the game, but it still didn't work. Eventually the gallery crashed on me and I couldn't connect for about 9 hours. There was nothing wrong with my connection and Origin was working fine. Now I can access it again, but I still can't remove anything. I have duplicate builds up that I would like to remove. I definitely think it is a bug with the new patch and pack release. I didn't have any of these problems until I updated the game and downloaded Tiny Living. Hopefully this is fixed soon. 

Message 8 of 67 (7,556 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@QueenieJocelyn Exact same here! Gallery wouldnt let me connect for several hours last night. I was hoping it was them solving the problem 😂❤
Message 9 of 67 (7,550 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue! Its so annoying! 

Message 10 of 67 (7,537 Views)