Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.DLL was not found

by ARP98

Original Post

Re: ts4_x64.exe sims 4

★★★ Newbie

thank you this fixed my problem and i was starting to freak out because i thought it was my computer, thank you so much!!!!

Message 91 of 178 (2,019 Views)

missing msvcp140.dll

★★★★ Novice

I have tried the obvious download origin from their site, I have also tried to download steam to play sims however every time I try to open the game, the error message "msvcp140.dll" appears. I have tried to download all the Microsoft links and run them through however, then the Microsoft doesn't install due to another error

any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated 

thanks Standard smile 

Message 92 of 178 (1,994 Views)

Why can i not open or redownload origin

★★ Novice

Hi, So after I tried to download the new sims 4 November update origin completely crashed and said I had to reinstall it. 

I ended up completely uninstalling it and followed ea's article on doing it the hard way. Now it still won't let me reinstall Origin and the only thing that's left is the Origin error reporter. It gives me the same message as when I tried to open origin and reinstall it. It says: 'The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.'

Message 93 of 178 (2,036 Views)

@Fluffballfluffy1  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for a possible fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 94 of 178 (2,051 Views)

Origin & Sims not working on PC

★★★ Newbie

Updated my Origin, and now I cant play any games. two code errors continue to pop up. 

VCRUNTIME140.dll, as well as, MSVCP140.dll was not found, and advises that reinstalling the program may fix the problem, which I've tried and it doesn't.

Please help! 

Message 95 of 178 (2,071 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am in the same boat as you, they are saying its crashes but it will not open, I have uninstalled at least 5 times now that is not the answer.  Nobody is answering, how could they not know they broke this?  how many days before they patch the broken software?

oh its not mods with either because I removed every mod and cc and it still does not load.

Message 96 of 178 (2,035 Views)

Re: I CAN'T OPEN THE GAME (SIMS 4)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, whenever I try to open the game it says, the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dill was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem, after i tried to update the game, i tried repairing it and updating it, i dont know what to do, please help.

Message 97 of 178 (2,028 Views)

Error Missing VCRUNTIME140_1.DLL

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 game just updated (I have not bought any new expansion packs nor to I have all of the current ones). I'm getting this error message every time I try and open my game. I tried reinstalling it but it didn't go away so then I looked up solutions. All I found were error messages that were for vcruntime140.dll and to download them into the system32 and syswow64 files but when I checked, the vcruntime140.dll files were in both folders. I can't find anything about vcruntime140_1.dll and why I might be getting this message. 

Message 98 of 178 (2,015 Views)

Sims 4 issues after 11/10/20 update

★★ Novice

I tried to update my sims 4 games on monday. I have never had any issues with this before and I do not use CC or Mods. My computer isnt the best but meets all the requirements for the games and is completely up to date. It tells me "this program cant start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have reinstalled the game a total of 4 times. The packs wont download at all. I cant even get the game to launch and it's making Origin lack so badly. Yes my Net frame is up to date and I have cleared out cache or any other problem I thought it could be. I even went as far as completely uninstalling origin, sims 4, and all EA games and retrying. Sims 4 is the only program I'm having issues with. I preordered snowy escape and I feel that may be the problem as it doesn't release for another hour. Once again this only started AFTER I updated my game. I am on a HP Pavillion and it has good graphics and 8 gb of ram and it runs smoothly so i dont know why it would be acting like this all of a sudden.

Message 99 of 178 (2,042 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ARP98  What error are you getting?  This is specifically about Origin not being able to update or reconfigure a couple of runtimes.  If you're not seeing an error that mentions MSVCP140.dll or VCRUNTIME140.dll, your issue is different.  In that case, please start a new thread describing your issue and the steps you've already taken, if any, that didn't help.

@brooklin99  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for a possible fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 100 of 178 (2,014 Views)