Re: ts4_x64.exe sims 4

by Sheli38

Original Post

Rif.: Launh error

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem as you. did an update and now the game won't open to me anymore

Message 71 of 178 (830 Views)

https://answer

★★★ Newbie

After the newest update release just before the snowy escape expansion pack, the sims won't run anymore. Whenever I try to play I get error messengers from origin saying that VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are both missing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin to no avail, and have repaired all the vcredist files too. Anyone have anything similar happen to them? 

Message 72 of 178 (919 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m also still getting the error message. I contacted EA Help multiple times and just for an answer saying that they’re aware of the issue, multiple people have this problem, and they are working on a fix that they are hoping to get out soon. 

So i guess for now we just have to be patient. 

Message 73 of 178 (915 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won’t start

★★★ Apprentice

I was having the same issue and everything I tried did not work. I then opened up my programs file on my pc that shows what apps I have installed. I clicked on each app that said visual c ++ and clicked modify and then repair. That seemed to get my game running again. 

Message 74 of 178 (916 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.DLL was not found

@cappoquin  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please uninstall the relevant VC++ runtimes, as described in the accepted solution on page one, and restart your computer before testing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 75 of 178 (969 Views)

Why won’t my game start

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I updated my sims 4 game today, and now it will not start. It comes up a message that says “kodekjøring kan ikke fortsette fordi MSVCP140.dll ikke ble funnet. Ny installasjon av programmet kan kanskje løse problemet» I have tried everything I repaird it, updated it multiple times and I uninstalled both origin and the sims 4 multiple times. I don’t understand why it won’t work, I have taken all the mods and that stuff out of my games, but still the message comes up everytime I try to play the game.

Message 76 of 178 (910 Views)

★★ Novice

I installed this and my game still wont open

Message 77 of 178 (955 Views)

Re: November update broke my game and created a code issue

★★★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen Worked great thanks!
Message 78 of 178 (937 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @decorativebread 

There are a couple other things you may need to try:

- Running Origin and Sims 4 as Administrator

and/or

- Checking your antivirus tool to see if it's blocking Sims 4

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 79 of 178 (931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I uninstalled and reinstalled visual c to no avail. I have to assume this is an origin issue as everything was working fine for me until two days ago when they did the latest patch. So frustrating. Just seems there’s nothing to do now until they can find a way to fix it..

also his repair on Sunday 4 so see if it worked and now just running On a loop of updates. It’s “updated” each game about 8 times now.

Message 80 of 178 (922 Views)