Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Broken sims, no CC

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I recently got the new Discover University, and before that my sims were fine! When I downloaded Discover however, and updated Origin, my sims started to have black boxes and question marks on their body. I don’t have any custom content that I use on my sims, so I’m worried that I’ll have to reinstall the game, and I’m afraid if I do that, I’ll lose all of my game packs. Please help as soon as possible!

Message 81 of 437 (1,094 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

@SSexton2002  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post on page 1 for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 82 of 437 (1,057 Views)
Highlighted

After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work

★★ Novice

After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work. It's showing up really weird. I took out all of my cc and mods so its not either of those. I had to download legacy edition and that didn't help either. Someone please help me out here :/ I attached some pictures of what it looks like

Message 83 of 437 (1,086 Views)
Highlighted

Re: After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work

★ Expert
@secrettoh

Is your mods folder completely empty? For example, didn't you leave there a poses to the Gallery or a few CC?
These graphical errors on screens occurred in several players in the game after the patch but they disappeared after fixing the game in Origin.
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If it will not work try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

I don't work for EA
Message 84 of 437 (1,073 Views)
Highlighted

Weird glitch in CAS with white and red patches on the skin

★ Novice

So the last time I played The Sims 4 was in August. I'm finally on my Thanksgiving break and I updated the game and got the University expansion, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and Realm of Magic. I have other packs but I've never had this weird glitch. I also already reset my files. I first downloaded the new legacy thing when I saw the glitch but my PC is Windows 10... so what do I do now? Also some icons for packs are missing.

Message 85 of 437 (1,044 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

@Ifeogunyinkz  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post on page 1 for a fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 86 of 437 (1,032 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★ Novice

Thank you.  I did as you suggested and no longer have a problem.

Message 87 of 437 (1,007 Views)
Highlighted

Invisible Household Members/Broken Tiles

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens in regular game play.
What happens when the bug occurs? my household is invisible and plumbob are floor level, I also have rainbow "?" titles in random parts of my house and you see on roof of build in world.
What do you expect to see? my sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch that was released today 11/25/19

This happened after I downloaded patch and I have no CC/Modes.

Message 88 of 437 (1,100 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Invisible Household Members/Broken Tiles

Hero
@hlcastile Merged your post with the master thread on this although the invisible Sims are new.

Could you try right-clicking on the game and hit repair game ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 437 (996 Views)
Highlighted

New patch broke my game.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs - all except Cats & Dogs GPs - all except Dine Out SPs - Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game and see if Newcrest is in the neighbourhood menu. Also check if sims are present and flooring is displaying correctly.
What happens when the bug occurs? I move my mods outside of the game and downloaded the new update because it was required. I then opened the game to a save where I was playing with Newcrest. The last played household shows in the start menu but have vanished I opened a different household in the same save. The sim's panels are there but he isn't show and the flooring looks weird - purple with blue and red and question marks. I did the same with other households in the same save and it happened again. I can't seem to do anything at all. The same applies to a different save and Newcrest is again gone. I decided to start a new save to see if it affects new games but can't do anything in CAS,
What do you expect to see? I would like Newcrest back so I can play my families again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from 25/11/19. I only installed it at this point because it was required.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bHw10qU.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NsiOtZ2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0zvTXkk.jpg[/img]

Message 90 of 437 (996 Views)
Twitter Stream