[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: skin glitch

@emmawalks07  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 611 of 1,472 (876 Views)

Graphics Issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Strangerville and Parenthood Game Packs, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff Stuff Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if it's just me but I've attached pictures of two of my played households and an empty house with no played household.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are invisible but I can see the plumbobs. Some of the furniture disappears ie. dinning chairs, chess table, kitchen sink. Some of the floor tiles are replaced with red and blue tiles with green question marks.
What do you expect to see? Everything should look normal. I should be able to see my sims and all the stuff in my house the way I placed it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please find attached two pictures of my played households and one picture of an empty, furnished house.

Message 612 of 1,472 (901 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

★ Novice

I am having these same issues.  I initially notice 3 of my worlds were missing.  Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest.  Some households are missing from my gallery and a property is missing from Magnolia Promenade. When I enter a house it has question mark squares everywhere.  I removed the entire sims4 folder and started over from scratch, that's where I discovered the invisible screen at CAS.  I do have CC in my sims folder but when I removed the entire folder and started over the same issues occur.  Its the latest update from either Origin or Sims4, it has not been fixed on my end as of 4/15/2020 5:36 pm ET

Message 613 of 1,472 (927 Views)

@sheispisces  Repairing the game should fix the issue: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If it doesn't work the first time, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and try again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 614 of 1,472 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this issue, it seemed to be resolved by repairing the game via Origin. I removed all my cc too and slowly added them in game to see if the issue continued.

As of right now, the only issue that still stands for me after repairing, running vanilla, then restarting again with all my cc is that the pet face icons in my active family are empty. I can see the cats in-game, but their sim icon is empty. It's like that when selecting the household, entering CAS, and just in live-mode.

I feel like it might have to do with a piece of cc, but I don't have any pet-related mods. Just a default eye-replacement, a collar and sweater recolor. 

Edit: Don't mind the amount of pets my family has xD they're adopted <3

Message 615 of 1,472 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AA_Nuke  I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 616 of 1,472 (998 Views)

★ Novice

It worked.  Thank you!!

Message 617 of 1,472 (971 Views)

question marks on skin

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Just did a recent update on sims 4, game now showing question marks and red/white stripes on skin, can anyone help, I've restored the last version (feb 20) and restarted pc but still same

???

Message 618 of 1,472 (839 Views)

Re: question marks on skin

Hero

Hi @AOJS456 

Start troubleshooting by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 619 of 1,472 (845 Views)

How could I remove a bug from my SIM4 platform PC?

★★★ Newbie

I've noticed that when I've opened my SIMS 4 game, that the images looked kind of weird, that on the menu screen, my additions that I've purchased had changed characters, my SIMS faces had been replaced with Clown Faces, and Question marks, I've added the screen shots, for your viewing. Please HELP ME.

Message 620 of 1,472 (863 Views)