[CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Rainbow Question Marks

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @livrichh,

Merged your post in with the master thread. 
If repairing your game hasn't helped you, please visit the Master thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-.... The Master Thread for this has more advise and troubleshooting shared in it. I'll lock this thread in the meantime.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Stay and Play.png
Message 561 of 568 (342 Views)
Highlighted

Re: After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work

★ Novice

Before you repair, do you have to drag the Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder and then onto your desktop? When I left the Sims 4 folder how it is and just hit repair, it didn't change anything.

Message 562 of 568 (335 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

★★ Newbie

What is cc?

Message 563 of 568 (285 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

What do you mean “right clicking on it” on the game itself because when I do that it doesn’t give me the option to delete whatever file you listed.

Message 564 of 568 (283 Views)
Highlighted

@LQG99  Open Origin, click on "My game library," then right-click on the Sims 4 icon.  You'll see a list of options, one of which is Repair.  Choose that, and let Origin repair the base game and all your packs.

If this doesn't help, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Also, "cc" refers to custom content.  If you've never downloaded any, you don't need to worry about it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 565 of 568 (248 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had this problem of red and white grid and question marks on sims suddenly today after playing it March 11th last time without problems. I had downloaded a load of CC so I was afraid it was the fault of that, but a quick repair on Origin saved the day Standard smile just wanted to put that out there

Message 566 of 568 (138 Views)
Highlighted

sims 4 bug on island living?

★★ Newbie

Hiya!

Okay so I'm not the smartest computer tech, so I don't know much PC jargon. But I have Sims 4 + a couple of the expansion packs - I tend to play for three weeks straight then forget about it for two months. Last time I played was the beginning of March, and I've just tried to play now (via Origin), and all my saved play has gone. Kind of gutting, but I knew id saved them in my library. So I've reloaded them and checked the latest updates (it updates automatically), which included some new clothing and makeup etc. - but every time I clicked on one of the new items it just kinda.. bugged out? Made the sim look all weird. And then when i went to place them on the island to get started it just wouldn't load! It was the same for all the clothing etc. on the realm of magic.

Any ideas? I have no mods or CC because it's all very confusing. XD

So far I've tried to 'repair' the game on Origin and reset my computer. Neither worked or changed my situation.

Photo below shows what my sims look like!!

Thanks!

Message 567 of 568 (100 Views)
Highlighted

Re: sims 4 bug on island living?

@Jaymoyler

I've merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please see the opening post on page 1 for more info.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 568 of 568 (53 Views)
Twitter Stream