Original Post

Highlighted

Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version/edition
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Go to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Question marks on sims and scenery
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has question marks all over her body, not her clothes, and she has red and black squares all over her body like a checkerboard. They appear in either red or black. Equipment and scenery is also vandalized in this. The avatar of any sim doesn't show any trace that this is supposed to happen. It isn't an expansion pack or an installation.
What do you expect to see? My sim shouldn't have any marks on her body whatsoever, the scenery should not have any red blocks destroying travel, and equipment shouldn't be vandalized.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Everything else functions normally, but I cannot restart computer or update the game itself. Please fix this bug, I would love to get back to playing The Sims 4 if everything wasn't ruined!

Message 461 of 473 (338 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

Hero
@edeyo83 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 462 of 473 (264 Views)
Highlighted

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

★★ Novice

Yeah, I had that problem too. Is it all over your scenery? I had big red squares all over my back round and equipment, and the other sims in the game had it, too. 

Message 463 of 473 (265 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@edeyo83 These threads have been merged for clarity. Please check the first page of this thread for possible solutions that can be tried. Thanks!

SheriGR ☕ –  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future
Message 464 of 473 (237 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm so sorry! I couldn't find my original posts, I thought they had been deleted so I had made another one. I'm really sorry for all the trouble! I will try the solution. Thanks for getting back!

Message 465 of 473 (190 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My Sims Don't Have Skins

★★ Newbie

Hi! Im currently having this same problem and I just repaired my game through Origin and the issue is still there, what should I do next? I have no Mods or CC downloaded and never have. Thanks!

Message 466 of 473 (178 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

hiiii

so my game look like this too, but i cant press the repair button.

are there someone who have tried this too and know what too do?

Message 467 of 473 (156 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@katrineoganders Make sure your game is closed. Then you should be able to repair.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 468 of 473 (144 Views)
Highlighted

sims 4

★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to work, Dine out, parenthood, and luxury stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every lot has the issue: the tiles are all displayed as question marks
What happens when the bug occurs? The game-play is fine, but all of the tiles, in every lot, is marked with a question mark. I could manually change them, but I was hoping for an easier way.
What do you expect to see? The tiles should display a design other than a bunch of question marks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every tile in every lot has question marks on them. I haven't played in a few months and when I started up the game two weeks ago, all of the game-created lots had this issue wit the tiles. I can manually change them, but was hoping for a less time consuming fix. 

Message 469 of 473 (75 Views)
Highlighted

Re: sims 4

Hero
@chickenfoot2 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 470 of 473 (28 Views)
Twitter Stream