[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

There’s pink blue question marks on my lot since I put the birthday hot tub down

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I only have the one screenshot but two days ago I updated the game from the newest patch and got the hot tub on my lot from the birthday celebration and my lot turned like this. Yesterday I worked some more on the lot after I had restarted my computer and origin but this still was happening. Windows also look like that on the edges and doors disappear. Doesn’t show my ladder for the pool and when I saved the lot my more recent work doesn’t show in the world. Don’t know if it’s a bug or some other issue but hope y’all are working on it and that I don’t have to redo all the work ive done since the latest patch.

I should also note I don't have any CC or MODs, I own some of the expansions (Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Famous, City Living and Seasons), game packs (Dine Out,Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, and Spa Day) and stuff packs (cool kitchen stuff, laundry day, movie hangout, my first pet, perfect patio, tiny living, and vintage glamour). 

Message 431 of 1,476 (1,029 Views)

Re: There’s pink blue question marks on my lot since I put the birthday hot tub

★★★ Apprentice
@addiecbl

Go to the Origin/My games library. Right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

I don't work for EA
Message 432 of 1,476 (1,010 Views)

Re: White and Red Sims

★★★ Novice

This doesn't work. the only thing that pops up, is "show Game Details, Remove from Favorite or Hide"

Message 433 of 1,476 (739 Views)

Something is wrong with my game

★★★ Newbie

So I just updated my sims 4 game on my PC and when I opened the game to load a saved game I had on there, most of the original worlds were gone from my game like Newcrest and willow creek where most of my households were. What happened to them? I had to delete all of my households and start new in  one of the worlds left which I was not happy about. I can't figure out what happened? Is my game malfunctioning or something? 

Message 434 of 1,476 (791 Views)

Re: Something is wrong with my game

@colleenbg  This is usually a sign of an incomplete or corrupt patching job.  You can fix it by repairing the game in Origin: open your  game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 435 of 1,476 (783 Views)

@Sheilashere  If Origin is in offline mode, you won't see the Repair option.  Just tell Origin to go online, then look again for the option.  If that doesn't help, please let me know what version of Origin you're running, as well as whether your computer runs Windows or macOS. and which version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 436 of 1,476 (723 Views)

missing Base game worlds and floors are question marks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, tiny living, luxury party stuff, perfect patio stuff, parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just go onto the game
What happens when the bug occurs? the three base game worlds are gone. sometimes the floors turn into question marks.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the base game worlds, and the normal floors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. tiny living or discover university.

i couldn't get a picture of the base game world being missing

Message 437 of 1,476 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

hink all is well. I shift + right clicked, and the options for repair came up. So, I think it will be alright. I'll let you know if not, since I'm not playing right now. Thank you for your help.

Message 438 of 1,476 (712 Views)

Re: missing Base game worlds and floors are question marks

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem, except my base game worlds are there. However, all furniture and windows have been removed in my builds (along with question marks on floors) and other base game lots. Sims skins are also not loading correctly. The repair button is not available in origin. 

Message 439 of 1,476 (1,014 Views)

Re: missing Base game worlds and floors are question marks

★★★★ Pro

@madisonwrisley Re not being able to repair your game, have you exited your game and then looked for the repair option in Origin? You can’t repair the game if it’s open. If the game is closed, have you checked that you’re online?

If you are online, have you tried restarting your computer? I sometimes find that helps so it’s what I do first. 

Best regards 

Jennifer 

Message 440 of 1,476 (984 Views)