[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Why in the hell did this update for Feb.4th 2020 break my game ?

@Jaenae32  I've moved your thread to the Mac section.

Did you try repairing as CGrant56 suggested?  Please do so and test your game; let us know whether there are still any issues afterwards.  To repair, open your Origin game library, right-click (or hold down the control key and click) on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

@2691254  Please let us know what platform you use (Windows, macOS, PS4, XBox), and whether repairing the game helped.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 421 of 1,476 (1,120 Views)

Re: Missing my worlds

@dianepnz  Are you playing Sims 4, and if so, do you mean that some of your in-game worlds have disappeared?  The usual fix is to repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If this is not the problem, please describe it in more detail.

Message 422 of 1,476 (679 Views)

Weird Graphics Problem with Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Parenthood, and Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure you would be able to. Some of the icons on my game have disappeared and been replaced by the ghost llama icon. This starts on the Main Menu Screen; some of the icons for some of the packs have been replaced by the llama. Some of the packs I own, some do not.
What happens when the bug occurs? Icons have been replaced by the ghost llama (see above) and some of the the Sims in my household have red and white or black and white checkered skin with question marks on their faces, like some kind of weird harlequins. The variation changes depending on what outfit the Sim is wearing and will not change even if you change the clothes they are wearing in Create a Sim. Some of them have completely red eyes. Some of the icons have disappeared for building a skill or for a career and been replaced by a ghost llama icon. Some of the wallpaper and floors have also been replaced by multi-colored question mark, even if they appear normal in the options in Build Mode.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see normal eye and skin color and for the wallpapers and floors to appear as they should. I expect the correct icons to appear as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is making it less of a fun game to play.

Message 423 of 1,476 (816 Views)

sims 4 question mark and checkered body

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get famous, outdoor retreat, luxury party, cool kitchen, get together, perfect patio, city living, vampires, cats and dogs, seasons, discover university, tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a sim and while playing the sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims look like they have a black mask over their lower face and on their forehead there is also a black question mark and this happens on their legs as well. also this happens to some objects such a the dishwasher and plants but they are a multicolour with white question marks.
What do you expect to see? normal coloured skin on their bodies and the correct object.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

my sims look like they have a black mask over their lower face and on their forehead there is also a black question mark and this happens on their legs as well. also this happens to some objects such a the dishwasher and plants but they are a multicolour with white question marks

Message 424 of 1,476 (817 Views)

Re: sims 4 question mark and checkered body

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dreamah2012 @scaveny 

Merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try repairing your game through Origin. That should solve the issue
Please see first post for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 425 of 1,476 (804 Views)

Create a Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is red and white when in create a sim
What do you expect to see? The sim with their skin tone and facial features
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played for a while and when I loaded a new game this happened. I then loaded a saved game and the Sims were fine but the pool had the same pattern.

Edit: loaded another saved game and the Sims were all red and white

Message 426 of 1,476 (796 Views)

Re: Create a Sim

Hero
@CJones2901 Merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try repairing your game through Origin. That should solve the issue
Please see first post for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 427 of 1,476 (785 Views)

Just updated sims

★★★ Newbie

Just updated sims 4, and bought The Wizard Game, and It is glitching out, my character is red and white..... with question marks all over. Can not change no matter what I do. 

Need assistant. 

Message 428 of 1,476 (1,039 Views)

Re: Just updated sims

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kaylynash 

Following are some initial things to begin troubleshooting. If these do not help, we can advance to other possibilities.

Do you have Mods or CC (or have you ever had them)? If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache files mentioned and run the repair.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it’s possible for it to have become corrupted.

If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 429 of 1,476 (1,029 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

@kaylynash  I've moved your post to the master thread on this issue; a game repair should fix it.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 430 of 1,476 (1,006 Views)