by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I have no idea
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can correct the screw up that the update created. I am not a programmer. I can't do a thing about it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any Sim I create since the update has totally white skin with a red mask. Legs and arms are white with red and black patches
What do you expect to see? Skin tone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 12 update

Additionally, since the Nov 12 update, the first two expansions no longer appear as worlds to build or visit.

The update took LITERALLY over 30 minutes to download.

Message 31 of 432 (1,661 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Since the Sims4 update on Nov 12

★★★ Newbie

After i updated mine i can't go into a game like when its goes into a household to play crash.

Message 32 of 432 (1,647 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin?

Message 33 of 432 (1,633 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

How do I initiate a repair through Origins?

Message 34 of 432 (1,609 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@carabrae Just go to your library, right click on The Sims4 portrait and there should be an option to "repair" it.
Message 35 of 432 (1,589 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@carabrae Merged your post with the master thread on this. If repairing doesn't work, try the other suggestions on the first page.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 432 (1,532 Views)
Highlighted

The Sims 4 University - skin tones

★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Island living, Cats and dogs, Seasons, Discover university Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Outdoor retreat kids room stuff, toddler stuff, laundry day, movie hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims skin tone doesn't appear and is instead replaced by red and white square, similar to if CC is installed incorrectly.
What do you expect to see? The sims still functions but the skin doesn't appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the latest patch (November 12th) and discover university.

This only started to happen when I installed the update and university and I have tried restarting but it still continues. Some sims are okay but many have this problem, it even happens with EA sims that came with the pack.

Message 37 of 432 (1,536 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The Sims 4 University - skin tones

Hero
@louise1605x Merged your post with the master thread on this. If repairing doesn't work, try the other suggestions on the first page.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 432 (1,525 Views)
Highlighted

Help. A lot is wrong.

★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons Realm of Magic, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat My First Pet, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Personally, I can just enter the game and go to an existing household or go to a "New Game".
What happens when the bug occurs? I enter the game and then my screen goes static and then I make or go into an existing household and the majority of the entire family is checkered board, red and white, with ? all over their skin.
What do you expect to see? My normal looking sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the recent update to the sims, this started to happen.

Please help I want to play my game.

Message 39 of 432 (1,610 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Help. A lot is wrong.

★★★ Apprentice

The red and white and question marks on your sims usually means that you're missing a mesh for cc. Did you have any cc on your sims?

Message 40 of 432 (1,596 Views)
Twitter Stream